PERSONAL FINANCIAL ADVOCATE
Investing in a career at Kinecta Federal Credit Union simply makes good sense. Kinecta is one of the largest credit unions based in California, and growing! We currently have an exciting opportunity for an outgoing, ambitious, and innovative individual that thrives on helping people in a team environment. As a Personal Financial Advisor you will use your strong people skills to build and deepen the financial relationships with our members and make every interaction with them an engaging and positive experience.
The Personal Financial Advocate (PFA) role is based in the Member Service Centers and is a key team member that works as a Universal Employee within the branch environment. This role is critical to the overall success of the branch and will perform both service and sales activities. PFA’s will identify opportunities and take actions to expand our memberships, shares and consumer loan growth, through outbound calling, and internal referrals. You will also enhance existing relationships with credit union members in the branch by identifying financial needs and recommending convenient, efficient, and thoughtful financial solutions. This role also assists our members with general inquiries, recommending self-service technologies, and processing standard credit union transactions such as deposits and check cashing as needed.
Successful candidates should have good knowledge of sales and member service practices and procedures in a financial institution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responds to new member inquiries, facilitates opening of accounts and recommends related Credit Union products and services based on a mini-financial needs analysis.
- Manage assigned member base and proactively uncover additional financial needs through referrals and outbound tele-consulting.
- Proactively seeks, develops and maintains new business resulting in membership growth, shares, consumer loans, through outbound calling, internal referrals, interviews with new and existing members, and service calls to prospective employer groups.
- Records daily quality conversations with members and creates new member profiles. Inputs new membership accounts accurately and efficiently using established Credit Union policies and procedures. Maintains profiles to meet members’ future needs by conducting mini-financial needs analysis.
- Implements, supports, and monitors corporate product campaigns at Member Service Centers. Ensures Member Service Center goals are met, anticipates obstacles, and strong strategy methods to optimize results.
- Assists in the development of best practices and sales strategies by participating in Job Family Meetings, conference calls, and other in branch meetings. Communicates this information and educates team members to promote group learning and maximize sales.
- Processes consumer loans, gathers supporting documents, and reviews all documents for completeness.
- Develops and maintains relationships with our Investment, Insurance, and Mortgage business partners to maximize referral opportunities and achieve sales and service standards.
- May conduct informal sales presentations to new and existing Select Employer Groups and Co-op groups to generate business.
- Processes member transactions e.g. receiving and disbursing funds, posting deposits, loan payments, withdrawals, cash advances, and processing mail transactions efficiently and accurately.
- Balances cash drawer, negotiable instruments, and daily work at the end of each workday, including encoding and proofing checks for item processing, according to Credit Union balancing requirements.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Knowledge of features and benefits of Credit Union products and services in order to solicit, explain, and discuss with members. This information may be acquired through on-the-job and formal training programs.
- Knowledge of corporate sales training programs and ability to execute on these to fulfill members needs and train members of the sales team. Information relating to specific Credit Union programs may be acquired through on-the-job and formal training programs.
- Strong communication skills (written and orally) and effective interpersonal skills to coach and train co-workers.
- Strong customer/member service skills.
- Ability to analyze member’s financial needs and provide related information and/or data to demonstrate the benefits.
- Work under intensive and competing deadlines.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 1-3 years’ experience in customer service, sales activities, and cash handling in a financial institution.
- Basic computer skills needed for accurate data entry of member and loan account information, and to create and revise general correspondence.
- KINECTA OFFERS A GENEROUS LIFE-FRIENDLY BENEFITS PACKAGE THAT INCLUDES:
- Competitive Salary Structure
- Generous PTO program
- Company Matching 401k
- Education Reimbursement
- Generous Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Rewarding Community/Volunteer program
- Core Values that demonstrate our commitment to excellence
HEALTH & WELFARE COVERAGE:
- Medical Benefit Plans for employees and eligible dependents including HMO and PPO options
- Keep smiling with our PPO or DMO Dental Plans
- Vision Plan for you and your dependents
- Reimbursement Account (FSA) - Health and Dependent Care
VOLUNTARY BENEFIT PLANS INCLUDING:
- Cancer insurance
- Short-and Long-Term Disability
- Additional Life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Many more
- Loan & Insurance product discounts (Home & Auto)
- Discounts on Credit Card Products
- Discounts on many other Credit Union products and services
- Rideshare program
- Discounts with premium retailers
- Free Investment Consultations
- Wellness Program and Work/Life Balance Philosophy
KINECTA FEDERAL CREDIT UNION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER