SET UP SOFTWARE PROGRAMS TO RUN CUSTOMER DATA FILES, CREATE AND MODIFY PROCESSING TEMPLATES USED TO CREATE USPS POSTAL DOCUMENTATION, AND PRODUCE INKJET FILES FOR PRODUCTION FACILITIES. ANALYZE AND IMPLEMENT PROCESSING CHANGES TO IMPROVE EFFICIENCIES, PROVIDING DOCUMENTATION AND TEAM TRAINING ON ALL PROCESSING IMPROVEMENTS.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compile customer data files into a useable electronic format, according to varying RRD plant needs.
- Develop/alter computer programs, following printed instructions and utilizing SAP/Business Objects suite of software to cleanse data, check deliverability, remove duplicate records, match back records to data source, and create return files for customers.
- Append messaging and other relevant customer information to data.
- Perform and document pre-established quality checks and provide quality reports on data integrity.
- Develop/alter computer programs using SAP/Business Objects software to sort customer data according to postal regulations, create appropriate output of data, and generate/print needed postal reports.
- Provide assistance to Mail List Analyst I and II in setting up processing for new projects, reviewing work to insure processing consistency and accuracy.
- Timely update of scheduling spreadsheet with relevant counts to be used in creating internal List Services billing invoices.
- Communicate with List Services Representatives at start of project to review new instructions and gain project insight, communicating throughout processing cycle to provide processing or timeline updates, discuss data challenges, and/or request clarification regarding issues with list processing production.
- Assign new jobs to techs based on job complexity, skill level of techs, learning opportunities, and schedule availability.
- Process test or analyze jobs to meet internal RRD requests and to assist logistics in providing cost analysis for new customers or prospects.
- Analyze and implement changes in current processes to improve processing efficiencies.
- Provide training to List Analysts on new processes, improvements, or software changes.
- Resolve processing discrepancies where inkjet output or presort results do not appear to meet either bindery or USPS requirements.
- Serve as point person for all complex processing, creating internal processing documentation and templates to assist team members in processing future jobs.
- Reference training materials, SAP/Business Objects User Guides and USPS documentation to keep current on new USPS requirements as they impact direct mail processing. Utilize informational materials to resolve issues regarding list processing, insuring USPS requirements are met on all projects.
- Provide on-call phone services on a rotating basis for after hours and weekend issues that arise at RRD production facilities.
- Complete directory cleanup as required to eliminate duplicate files and zip production files within job directories.
- Create processing documentation as requested by Supervisor, in order to facilitate internal training opportunities.
- Work on other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Two-year post secondary education in computer science or equivalent.
- Minimum four years postal sortation software experience.
- Minimum of two years experience with Postalsoft/First Logic/Business Objects/SAP software.
- Intermediate knowledge of databases such as FoxPro and/or Access.
- Knowledge of inkjetting, binding, and mailing requirements.
- Good analytical and math skills.
- Good process documentation skills.
- Ownership of work and attention to details/accuracy is an expectation of the position.
- Experienced in training team members, including skills in presenting information, developing training materials and providing guidance and support within a production environment.
- Ability to work in a time sensitive environment both on an individual basis and as a team member.
- Intermediate computer programming skills.
- BCC mailing software, 2 years experience ideal
RRD IS AN EEO/AA INCLUDING VETS AND DISABLED EMPLOYER