- Processes beginning to end payroll cycle of multi-state employees to ensure timely completion; including various funding reports to the Accounting Department, timely remittance of 401(k), and payroll taxes
- Audits weekly in house payroll
- Reviews, reconciles and provides weekly, monthly, annual tax and other compliance filings to Payroll Manager for review. Investigates and proposes solutions to manager for resolving any reconciling issues, if needed.
- Interacts directly with employees to answer questions and investigate payroll related issues
- Processes all garnishment documentation and deduction entries
- Prepares various weekly funding reports for Accounting for payroll taxes, garnishments and 401(k)
- Verifies entries and changes to ensure accuracy of employee record for Federal, State and Local payroll taxes
- Enters all direct deposit entries, changes and updates
- Oversees timekeeping process to approve time and download hours into payroll system
- Maintains vacation exceptions
- Assists with monthly, quarterly and year-end tax reporting, including W-2s
- Assists with documenting payroll processes and procedures, as necessary
- Performs system testing as required for support pack updates, etc.
- Provides back-up assistance to other Payroll Administrators as needed
- Assists with training for new employees on payroll and related processes
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years’ multi-state payroll experience including: payroll law, wage garnishment compliance, and IRS payroll related compliance
- SAP Payroll experience
- NOVAtime experience
- FCP or CPP
Usual office environment with frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing. Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery. Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.