The Mechanical Systems Commissioning Specialist will support Chinook's clients by coordinating, and delivering commissioning services throughout the facility planning, design, construction, warranty, and operations lifecycle. The Mechanical Systems Commissioning Specialist will apply extensive technical expertise to deliver technical solutions to complex problems. The Mechanical Systems Commissioning Specialist will, with guidance determine objectives and approaches to assignments and may coordinate, and review the work of other staff. Chinook has built a reputation for excellence in our industry and the Mechanical Systems Commissioning Specialist will uphold that tradition by being diligent, proactive, solutions-oriented and a facilitator of success for team members, both internal and external. This position offers a career path to an Energy Manager, Facility Engineer, or Project Manager level positions and an exciting opportunity to make an impact in the growing markets of sustainability, resiliency, and cybersecurity.
- Execute commissioning, energy management, and facilities management services for new and existing buildings on multiple concurrent projects
- Understand, analyze and interpret RFPs, design and construction documents, standards, codes, scopes, and project deliverables
- Prepare commissioning plans, specifications, checklists, functional performance tests, and reports
- Conduct design reviews, submittal reviews, reviews and facilitation of training plans, and O&M manual reviews
- Conduct site observations and witnessing of functional performance testing
- Solve coordination issues impacting equipment and systems startup and testing activities
- Ensure conformance with the project requirements, the commissioning plan, and the contract documents
- Attend internal and external project meetings and prepare meeting minutes
- Review technical reports for completeness and accuracy; i.e. start‐up reports, checkout sheets, and test reports
- Facilitate the transition of systems to operations and the implementation of maintenance programs
- Develop, build, and maintain effective relationships with internal staff and clients
- Support the preparation of bid and proposal documentation
- Prepare project estimates, schedules, and work plans
- Conduct project reviews and prepare status reports/presentations for the company and/or client
- Conduct quality assurance on project deliverables and project activities,
- Support preparation of invoices and supporting materials
- Actively participate in the development of company processes and procedures
- Attend company meetings, training seminars, and functions
- Ensure continued excellence at Chinook
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field is required
- EIT is required, PE preferred
- Certified Commissioning Authority (CxA), or equivalent certification is preferred
- LEED Accredited Professional certification is highly desirable.
- 2 years of direct experience in facilities mechanical systems such as HVAC, Plumbing (domestic water) systems, Building Automation Systems (BAS), and testing adjusting and balancing (TAB) is required
- Experience in the integration of mechanical systems with electrical, fire protection, and fire alarm systems is also required.
- Must possess an in-depth knowledge of LEED requirements and industry standards and practices i.e. ASHRAE, BCA, ACG, GSA.
- Must be able to initiate action, prioritize tasks, and perform work efficiently within a defined budget and schedule
- Effective communication and reporting skills at all working and management levels are essential
- Successful candidates are process driven with high attention to detail
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Office suite and scheduling software
- Experience with database management systems for commissioning and core business processes is desirable
- Travel to and from local and remote project locations
- Walking construction sites with uneven surfaces and in dust-generating environments
- Climbing stairs and ladders, carrying/operating test equipment up to 25 lbs.
- Working near electrical and mechanical building equipment and systems
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a security clearance
Chinook Systems, Inc. is a leader in delivering lifecycle energy security solutions to mission-critical government and commercial facility Owners. We specialize in the engineering, construction, commissioning, and operations of intelligent, cyber-secure, code compliant, and energy efficient building systems. Our solutions save millions of dollars in utility costs, reduce harmful emissions to the environment, and mitigate cyber‐attacks on facilities. Chinook provides motivated candidates the opportunity to join a fast‐growing, innovative, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.