TIRED OF BEING A COG IN THE MACHINE? Looking for stability with the freedom to innovate? At CertiPath you can have both, while making the world more secure, and simplifying access processes. We are seeking an IT NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER to deliver outstanding Federal Identity, Credential and Access Management (FICAM) implementation and operations services to the US Marshals Service (USMC). Join our team, make a difference and crush your goals at CertiPath.
_I'VE NEVER HEARD OF CERTIPATH. WHAT DO YOU DO? _
At CertiPath, we are the experts in services for high assurance digital identity verification and management. We are an established organization with a 14-year track record of delivering on our promises, with the drive and entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up. CertiPath is focused on bringing facility and network access management for Federal Agencies into the 21st century.
SO, WHAT WILL THE IT NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER AT CERTIPATH DO?
You will work in a fast-paced environment where you will take a hands-on approach in helping the DOJ with its nationwide Physical Security Program Office (Program). You will work with a team of engineering professionals to support the design and deployment of security solutions in accordance with Program Standards to ensure compliance with complex federal and DOJ mandates. You will have the opportunity to work on and deploy cutting edge solutions. Best of all, you'll get to grow your experience working alongside smart people to solve problems that make the world a safer, more efficient place.
WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY LOOK LIKE FOR THE IT NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER?
Although no two days will be the same, you will:
- Review technical requirements for the firewall infrastructure
- Develop design and system configuration based on technical requirements
- Convert existing rule base onto new platforms
- Configure, administer, and document firewall infrastructure, primarily working with Cisco products
- Design and deploy large scale LAN/WAN networks
- Create standard deployment and support documentation for the Program's network operations team
- Perform penetration testing of infrastructure post-deployment
- Present guidance and support to stakeholders on Program Standards and industry best practices
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology
- Be an active participant in your development along your career path
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS DO YOU LOOK FOR?
You might be the IT Network Security Engineer we're looking for if you have:
- US Citizenship
- At least a bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 6 years of total experience in the security industry, 2 years of which includes performing network security for federal agencies
- Hands-on experience in architecting and maintaining network security systems: firewalls, routers, switches, intrusion detection/prevention systems
- Advanced understanding of standard network protocols (TCP, ARP, ICMP, DHCP, HTTP, SNMP) and advanced features like IPSEC and IPv6 related protocols and accompanying protocol analysis tools (e.g. Wireshark, TCPDump)
- Experience utilizing a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems and common network monitoring platforms
- Detailed knowledge of common cybersecurity incident types such as denial of service attacks, malicious software infections, active intrusion techniques, and misappropriate use scenarios
- Previous experience with encryption and load-balancing
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
We're extra impressed by folks with:
- Prior experience with FICAM compliant Physical Access Control Systems and Federal smart card technology (Personal Identity Verification cards – PIV)
- Understanding of the security principles, techniques, and protocols, including defense-in-depth, identity and access management, AAA, CIA, network segmentation, cloud security, privileged access management, common application security flaws, and commonly known ports
- IT Security Certification (Security+, GCIA, GCIH, CISSP, CSEIP, CSCIP/G)
CertiPath Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
DILBERT © 2018 Scott Adams. Used By permission of ANDREWS MCMEEL SYNDICATION. All rights reserved.