Our established client in Irvine is seeking a Senior Internal Audit Manager to join their growing audit function to support their compliance and operational audit operations.The Senior Internal Audit Manager role is a newly created position that will be mainly responsible for planning and performing audits and providing oversight at their various facilities. In addition, this role will help provide technical accounting guidance on any new/existing interpretations. The Senior Internal Audit Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Conduct evaluations of operational, compliance, and financial controls throughout the organization and note observations and deficiencies
- Develop, review, and evaluate the operational effectiveness of internal controls and continually monitor the current state of the control environment
- Review results of compliance related audit testing performed by external resources and participate in the remediation of these findings
- Advise business process owners of any deficiencies in their areas of responsibilities and formulate internal controls to mitigate future findings
- Research and monitor existing and new standards related to corporate governance and risk management
- Perform ad-hoc assignments deemed necessary by the Head of Audit and senior management
The qualified Senior Internal Audit Manager will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or a business related field
- Previous managerial experience within an internal audit function
- CPA/CIA/CISA preferred
- Ability to exercise professional skepticism during audit execution and to investigate abnormalities or extraordinary items
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) skills and the ability to work collaboratively at all levels and within a fast-paced environment.
For further details, candidates should submit their resume in MS Word format to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted for further consideration.
Thank you for your time and consideration.