The Collaborative Learning Center (CLC) is looking for highly motivated students to work as a Learning Assistants (LAs). LAs are responsible for the following duties:
- Model and encourage collaborative study strategies.
- Offer assistance with developing study strategies.
- Prepare and provide a variety of sessions to ensure the students’ academic development.
- Assess the students’ progress throughout tutoring sessions.
- Assist in promoting the CLC on campus (ex. attend student organizations, HUB Fair, etc.).
- Participate in learning assistant training and development sessions.
- Observe confidentiality at all times.
- Ensure students schedule/sign into appointments with LAs on WCOnline.
- Must have successfully completed the course for which learning assistant services are being provided, or a higher level course in that subject area with a grade of B or higher.
- Demonstrate knowledge and competence in the subject matter.
- Be able to explain concepts to others effectively.
- Effectively communicate study strategies to ensure academic success.
- Work comfortably with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Possess good organizational skills and complete paperwork in a timely manner.
- Exhibit patience and positive attitudes in establishing an encouraging learning environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Eligibility for Federal Work Study is preferred.
- Previous participation at CLC is highly recommended.