Do you like work that is partially indoors and partially outdoors? Do you have the flexibility to work weekends? Are you a great leader of operations? Do you have great people skills? Do you enjoy being hands-on? Finally, do you want to have autonomy and run a business? If so, this role could be for you!
Our hospitality client is seeking a full-time Operations Manager in Columbia, SC. He/she will be responsible for overseeing the office, field, maintenance, and sales activities and the supervision of employees. The Operations Manager is responsible to ensure outstanding customer service, sufficient employee scheduling, fleet cleanliness and maintenance, administrative accuracy, and budget compliance.
__Must be able to use typical office and computer equipment
May be required to lift items up to 75 pounds in weight
Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and operate marine vehicles
Must be able to swim
Must be able to work inside and outdoors in all types of weather
DUTIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Supervise and assist with member services including making member reservations using proprietary club software, greeting members as they arrive and leave the club, answering questions, etc.
- Supervise and assist with guest services including but not limited to booking rentals using proprietary rental software, greeting walk-in visitors, capturing contact information, and scheduling follow-up contact.
- Ensure that the team is promptly answering phone calls and/or emails to capture contact information from prospective members.
- Ability to professionally resolve concerns and disputes from customers.
- Assist with planning, budgeting and management of office related operating costs for both the club and rental company.
- Assist the Office Assistant with paperwork as necessary for monthly reconciliation.
- Assist the Sales Manager to meet and exceed annual goals for new prospects, club tours, new member sales, and member retention.
- Ensure the team is keeping the prospect database up to date and updating company websites and social media sites.
- Actively manage and participate in interviewing, hiring, training, supervision, and discipline of all staff per company policies.
- Manage and approve payroll and approve requests for time off.
- Manage, train and assist the Assistant Manager in managing the field staff including hiring, scheduling, discipline, and termination under constraints of the quarterly budget and with input from the Club Owner. Ensure that employees adhere to club policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Manage, train and assist the Assistant Manager to schedule and manage the field staff as required to maintain a consistently high level service to Club members including but not limited to loading and unloading equipment, helping members/customers on/off the equipment, checking equipment for damages, and helping to resolve unanticipated problems.
- Manage and support the Assistant Manager to schedule and consistently maintain the Club and Rental fleet at a “superior” level using company checklists as a guide for daily, weekly, and cleaning and repairs. Typical tasks include but are not limited to washing, vacuuming, waxing, etc. Work must be scheduled with awareness of member/customer demand and to minimize down time.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in sourcing supplies for routine cleaning, maintenance and minor repairs/ of Club and Rental fleet. Maintain inventories of supplies, spare parts, tools, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and follow up skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain composure in high stress situations
- Knowledge of basic financial concepts such as budgeting
- Comfortable with a high level of autonomy and independence and knows when to escalate issues and provide status to the Owner
- Must have approximately 5 years supervising employees in multi-functional areas
- Great people skills, exhibits diplomacy, tact, professionalism, positivity, and a can-do attitude
WORK SCHEDULE: Because of the seasonality of the hospitality industry, this position has variability in both the days worked and the hours worked per day as required to fulfill the responsibilities of the job. The seasonal work schedule will be coordinated on a quarterly basis with the Owner. However, this position will be required to communicate regularly with the Owner and/or Operations Manager and other staff, sometimes outside of regular business hours, to ensure smooth operation and maintain a high level of Member & Guest service in the daily operation of the business. In order to complete the duties of this position, the following should be considered a guide:
- During the summer season (about 16 weeks): 5 to 5-1/2 days per week with MANDATORY SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS. Exceptions will be rare and based on emergency or unusual circumstances. Vacation during this period is strongly discouraged but if required shall be limited to weekdays.
- Off-Season: 4-1/2 to 5 days per week with mandatory Saturdays and Sundays. Exceptions may be made. Paid vacation may be used during this period.
- Unscheduled work: This position occasionally work “non-routine” times to cover for employee gaps or to call active sales leads, conduct club tours, close sales, etc.