Provides project management experience to lead the construction and preconstruction efforts for projects ranging in budgets from $25M to $1B based on Lean principles that support collaboration and integrated project delivery. This position will be responsible for coordinating and managing internal project team, trade partners and clients throughout the preconstruction, construction and turnover of the project. This position will lead the efforts in the creation and adherence to the project schedule, project budget, trade partner contracts and negotiations, and internal and external project reporting.
This is a full-time commitment to the projects located in or near San Francisco.
Relative Position on the Organization Chart
The position of Sr. Project Manager reports directly to either a Project Executive or Operations Executive.
- SUPPORTS VISION TO ENSURE THAT THE PROJECT PURSUIT AS WELL AS THE PROJECT ITSELF, HAS THE PROPER OPERATIONAL STRATEGIES AND SYSTEMS IN PLACE TO ACHIEVE THE DESIRED EXPECTATIONS: participates in the development, communication and implementation of effective strategies and processes to support the goals; collaborates with the project team to develop and execute win strategies as well as implementing plans for the operational infrastructure, processes and personnel designed around delivering the project objectives; helps develop goals and benchmarks for measuring progress and drives the team towards continued success; collaborates with additional resources and solicits additional help and necessary to successfully execute the project.
- DEMONSTRATES A STRONG COMMITMENT TO SERVE OTHERS WITH A HIGH CONCERN FOR PEOPLE WHILE MAINTAINING A STEADY FOCUS ON OUTCOMES: create a project culture that empowers everyone involved in the project; lead the development of a high performance project team through supervision, training, coaching and mentoring; subordinating personal interests to the needs of those being led through effectively demonstrating the character, experience, humility, wisdom and discernment necessary to create the trust & influence to cause the right things to happen for the right reasons, at the right times; seeking at all times to understand the problems which become barriers to individuals personal success and striving to remove those barriers to allow all to succeed; maintain a clear and unwavering vision of success, constantly through personal action allowing others to see and share in the same vision.
INNOVATION AND CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
- EFFECTS CHANGE BY MODELING AND REINFORCING A CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT CULTURE: establishes operational initiatives to improve the delivery of the project in all areas such as design, schedule, quality, cost, safety and delivery methods; delivers project results with an emphasis in client satisfaction, project schedules, budgets and margins; drives operating performance through process improvement and project management; identifies and recognizes the need for additional products and service offerings that align with the customer’s needs and provides creative solutions; monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of the operational plans and makes adjustments accordingly; provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvement and improved working relationships; measures the effectiveness of all internal and external process providing continuous feedback for improving processes.
- CONTROLS COSTS AND ENHANCE REVENUES TO ACHIEVE PROJECT GOALS: Manages the project overall budget; analyzes and controls expenditures to conform to the project target budget requirements; recommends or approves budget, expenditures and implements ways to improve operational efficiencies; provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the project both internally and externally; continuously reviews operating performance against plans and prior periods, including current progress towards the project target, current production, forecast cost to completion, contracting status, operating expenses, cash flow management, and profitability.
- MOTIVATE AND LEAD A HIGH PERFORMANCE TEAM TO EFFECTIVELY GROW THE ORGANIZATION AND BUILD OPERATING EFFICIENCY: the position will be supported by a designated project team as well as be supported by the corporate office; leads the process of selecting the internal supporting team and Trade Partners for the project; leads the project team to maintain a clear perspective and focus on the project outcome; appraises performance and development of staff against position responsibilities, and established goals; manages, and coaches people to be capable of carrying out initiatives and to improve overall performance; measures and analyze performance of operational improvements and efforts; helps develop operational training programs and provide ongoing coaching to ensure conformity with training objectives; provides consultative support to the team as required; develops the project organizational structure and evaluates the structure based on personnel needs and makes changes as necessary in a decisive and professional manner; mentors subordinates and supports management succession with the goal of identifying talented junior-level managers, and promoting their continued personal and professional education and professional growth.
- Develop, monitor and maintain a project schedule in a collaborative manner by gathering input from the project team during both preconstruction and construction using Lean principles as appropriate
- Secure all required permitting as needed and set up proper protocols to ensure all required inspections are scheduled, documented and ultimately approved.
- Lead the effort in the onboarding and contract negotiations with trade partners and 3rd party vendors and ensure that the buyout is in alignment with the project budget.
- Work with the preconstruction team, architects, engineers and trade partners to coordinate the BIM model and oversee any conflict resolution.
- Effectively communicate the project status to client and to company leadership using detailed project reporting related to budget, schedule, quality, safety and changes on the project.
- Conduct weekly OAC meetings and provide all required reports and documentation to ensure all stakeholders are informed of project status and potential issues.
- Conduct coordination meetings with all trades, vendors and key personnel on a weekly basis.
- Provide monthly invoices and oversee all documentation and approvals needed to ensure timely funding for the project and subsequent payment to trade partners and vendors.
- Work closely with the client, architect and engineers to control and manage any change in scope and provide all impacts and documentation of such to allow for a timely decision to be made, such as cost, schedule and quality implications and obtain the Owner’s approval.
- Oversee the performance and quality of inspections throughout the project to eliminate the need for re-work and lead the effort to close out the project through proper punch list protocols.
- Collaboratively work with the project superintendent, trade partners and client to develop and enforce a project safety plan.
- Assist with the documentation of project scope and the plan development and verify that the design meets the contractual obligation on a periodic basis.
- Provide technical assistance in the selection of other partners, subcontractors and suppliers required to complete the project
- Oversee the design documents and ensure that version control is maintained at all times with all members of the team.
- Collaborate on the creation of project phasing plans with project team and align with schedule and estimated costs.
- Effectively manage a colocation operating environment for the project team.
- Participate as needed to support the business development effort in project pursuits, including participation in strategic planning sessions and interview process.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Educational and experience requirements include: Four-year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience. Advanced management or technical training preferred. Extensive (ten or more years) experience in similar facility construction project management and related functions plus the willingness to learn and continuously improve processes are required. Excellent organizational, supervisory and decision-making/problem-solving skills are essential.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk and hear. The employee regularly is required to walk and reach with hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee frequently uses computer keyboard, regularly travels (as vehicle driver and as passenger on various modes of transportation), and occasionally performs work on-site at construction work sites. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee views computer monitor frequently. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
THE BOLDT COMPANY DOES NOT ACCEPT UNSOLICITED RESUMES FROM SEARCH FIRMS OR AGENCIES. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT BOLDT'S HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT.