Asphalt Materials, Inc. is currently seeking an intern to spend this summer helping our Oregon Ohio Plant Operations team. You will be working with a team helping with daily plant operations and assisting with projects to drive continuous improvement. This summer internship will last 10 weeks.
What you will be doing:
- Learning plant operations
- Helping perform inspections and recordkeeping
- Managing small projects to help drive operational excellence and improve business functions
- Performing duties assigned by the facility manager and lead operator
Relevant Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate teamwork skills
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral communication
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Working towards a bachelor's degree in industrial or mechanical engineering, industrial technology, or skilled trades certificate
- Basic mechanical and/or electrical knowledge
- Proficient computer skills
- Willingness to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions
- Willingness to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (i.e. - hard hat, safety glasses, respirator, safety work boots, as required)
- Negotiate in, on, and around piping at both grade level and above grade level elevations
- Navigate vertical ladders and spiral tank stairs to reach work areas
- Occasionally enter confined spaces through 24" diameter manways
- Tolerate scents common to fuels and asphalts loading operations, as well as those of construction and maintenance related activities such as welding, painting, and tank cleaning
- Safely lift at least 50 lbs.
ABOUT ASPHALT MATERIALS, INC.
We understand the importance of innovation and collaboration.
Asphalt Materials, Inc., formed in 1956, has been continually focused on the asphalt business. The core strength of our business is the formulation, manufacturing, and R&D of asphalt binders and emulsions. Our Asphalt Companies continually supply high-quality products and services around the United States, allowing us to excel in pavement preservation techniques and construction services.
We work closely with the Heritage Research Group team to ensure the highest quality asphalt materials and processes are brought to market. We are committed to building long term relationships and mutual trust. We are excited to tackle our industry's biggest challenges, looking for new and inventive ways to create solutions that will mean better, safer, and longer-lasting roads.