Investing in a career at Kinecta Federal Credit Union simply makes good sense. Kinecta is one of the largest credit unions based in California, and growing! We currently have an exciting opportunity for an outgoing, ambitious, and innovative individual that thrives on helping people in a team environment.
The Director of Member Service Support (DMSS) assumes overall leadership responsibility of the entire Member Service Support area, including but not limited to retail operations support, digital member support, IRA custodial support, decedent account support and general member support as requested from Member Service Centers (MSCs) and the Member Contact Center (MCC). The DMSS works in conjunction with IT, Risk Operations, Compliance and Lending.
The DMSS reports to the VP of Retail Delivery and works with a minimal amount of supervision and direction and is authorized to take reasonable actions necessary to carry out the assigned responsibilities of the position, provided that such actions are consistent with cost-effective business practices, and with the policies and procedures of Kinecta Federal Credit Union. The DMSS and the Member Service Support department deliver an exceptional member experience.
THE DMSS MANAGES THE FOLLOWING STAFF:
- Manager, Retail Operations
- Manager, Member Service Support
- Manager, Digital Member Support
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently models the behaviors reflected in Kinecta’s Core Values.
- Maintains an ongoing understanding of credit union operations and the impact on the member banking experience in each delivery channel.
- Conducts account research and resolutions on member issues in a timely manner by utilizing resources efficiently – follows appropriate escalation protocol as required.
- Provides Tier 1 support to Kinecta MSCs and MCC, providing system overrides and counsel on member requests.
- Provides leadership and direction for team members by clearly defining TKX, the Kinecta service model.
- Provides training and coaching to direct reports, ensuring that organization resources and tools are available to support these efforts.
- Oversees, monitors and directs operational functions and efficiencies through department managers and support staff in the areas of service, procedures, training, operational support, project/business management and member services for all Kinecta MSCs and MCC.
- Responsible for oversight and providing support to members and Kinecta employees directly servicing members, ensuring principles of TKX are followed.
- Responsible for oversight and guidance in responding to member and employee inquiries within established SLAs.
- Oversight and support of the online membership process for New Membership submitted via Omni and Meridian Link systems, including analysis and decisioning of new applications.
- Actively participates in User Acceptance Testing for enhancements, bug fixes and/or regularly scheduled upgrades on systems used in digital member support.
- Responsible for training, test and implementation of any product, service or process that affects members.
- Oversees core system release testing that may impact member support channels.
- Provides leadership and oversees projects to support department in service quality improvements and overall enhanced member experience.
- Responsible for development and administration of department budget, goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains Kinecta-owned accounts.
- Responsible for management of Board and Officials account tracking, based on direction from Kinecta’s legal department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional communication skills both written and orally.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Ability to think conceptually with working knowledge of all major areas of the credit union.
- Ability to observe and interpret people and situations and provide sound insight about motivations and needs.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and requires a minimum amount of supervision.
- Ability to use math and apply mathematical reasoning and abstract statistical concepts.
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals and in diverse teams.
- Ability to provide effective leadership and guidance to staff.
- Ability to think and communicate clearly and analytically under pressure.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to learn and apply new information and skills.
- Ability perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks.
- Ability to work effectively under intense deadlines.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Potential candidates for this position must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in relevant field.
- Minimum five (5) years supervisory experience in sales and services with a financial institution and call center or related experience.