Title: Guest Services Associate, Part Time
Reports to: Retail Manager
Job Summary: Assist Museum visitors in a friendly and knowledgeable manner with ticketing or retail sales support; answer inquiries for information and provide superior guest service.
The incumbent is expected to embrace the National World War I Museum and Memorial's stated mission and core values and demonstrate support for them through professional interactions and performance of job duties.
This is a part-time, hourly, non-exempt position.
- Provide Museum/Memorial guests outstanding guest service.
- Initiate and complete sales transactions accurately and efficiently and maintain proper cash and media accountabilities at POS registers
- Greet guests, answer phones, suggestive sell and assist with purchase in a friendly environment, maintaining outstanding standards, provide solid product knowledge and all other components of Guest Service
- Assist managers in opening and closing processes as needed.
- Handle transactions quickly and accurately, balancing cash drawer, and completing deposit.
- Provide outstanding guest service.
- Stay informed of Museum exhibits, special events and programs able to answer customer questions and promote Museum program attendance.
- Keep work area clean and neat.
- Maintain an awareness of all product knowledge information, program promotions, and advertisements.
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, and display maintenance.
- Assist in processing and replenishing/stocking merchandise and monitoring floor stock.
- Work cooperatively with other team members.
- Adhere to all Museum policies, procedures and operational directives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements: The successful candidate will be able to:
- Process information and merchandise through computer and/or POS register system.
- Communicate friendly and effectively with associates and guests.
- Read, count and write to accurately.
- Access all areas of the store including the selling floor, stock and register areas.
- Operate (or learn to) use all equipment necessary to run the store.
- Move or handle merchandise generally weighing 30 lbs. or assist with moving merchandise up to 50 lbs.
- Work varied hours, days and holidays.
Education and Experience: Two years of experience in retail or admissions environment and computer aptitude is desired. A high-school diploma or equivalent is required.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional retail environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines, point of sale computer equipment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is moderately active one that requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing or balancing many times throughout the day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35/40 pounds, or assist in moving items 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or working conditions.
The National World War I Museum and Memorial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply: Email resume, cover letter outlining experience and qualifications, pay rate requirements, and three work-related references to:
National World War I Museum and Memorial
2 Memorial Drive
Kansas City, MO 64108
ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS.