OVERVIEW: Do you love taking care of animals and being outside? Are you looking for part-time or full-time, hourly work with competitive pay and can commit to at least 15-20 hours per week between Monday-Friday (10am - 6pm), Saturday (11am - 5pm), and Sunday (1pm - 5pm)? If someone asked you to describe yourself, would you say, “responsible, nurturing, fun-loving, detail-oriented and hard-working”? Do you get excited by the idea of joining a rapidly growing startup with a close-knit team? If so, then we want to meet you.
Skipper handles all client management so that our team members can focus on providing exceptional pet care. We're looking for smart, reliable, team-oriented, pet lovers based out of Austin to join our Skipper team.
AS A SKIPPER TEAM MEMBER, YOU WILL:
• Follow a pre-set schedule of in-home visits each day
• Follow specific instructions for each visit provided through our team member app
• Walk and care for all kinds of dogs and provide basic cat-care
• Have continual support from our Operations Team
• Receive training on animal behavior, safety and home security
•Conduct 30-minute in-home consultations for new clients and complete client profiles
•Represent Skipper at events around the community
YOU MUST HAVE:
• At least 15-20 hours of work availability between 10am - 7pm, Monday–Friday, 11am - 5pm, Saturday and 1pm - 5pm, Sunday.
• A clean legal record - and go under a background check with employment.
• At least 18 years of age.
• Strong attention to detail.
YOU'RE GOOD AT AND ENJOY:
• Cuddling cute animals.
• Being dependable and punctual.
• Keeping yourself and your belongings organized.
• Learning hands-on dog handling and dog training skills.
• Engaging in outdoor physical activities.
• Walking outside and getting caught in the rain (weather happens).
• Being thorough and detail-oriented when completing tasks at hand.
• Working closely with management to drive continual self-improvement and company growth strategies.
• Being a meaningful part of a close-knit community.
• Picking up poop (it's the reality).
IT'S EXTRA AWESOME IF YOU:
• Are a pet owner, professionally trained in pet care, an active volunteer with animal rescue groups or certified in the pet care industry.
• Are a bookworm who likes to write and experiment with different writing styles.
• Love engaging your creative side and have an eye for photography.
• Are a self-motivator with a ‘can-do' attitude.
• Have open availability between 11am and 3pm, Monday – Friday or all weekend.
• Capable of physical movements requiring the use of legs, wrists, hands and/or fingers including kneeling and bending.
• Repetitive arm and wrist use. Frequent grasping.
• Ability to work in an outside environment, sometimes in adverse weather conditions such as extreme heat, extreme cold, rain or snow.
• Ability to pull up to 140 lbs.
• Ability to be on feet and/or walking up to eight (8) hours per day for at least one (1) hour at a time frequently on uneven or hilly walking surface.
• Ability to lift up to forty (40) pounds.