The leading supermarket chain on the island of BERMUDA is currently in search of an experienced PRODUCE DIRECTOR to join its team. Bermuda is an upscale, English-speaking island off the coast of the Carolinas and is known for its beautiful pink sand beaches as well as its extremely low tax rates. Day-to-day operations are run primarily by Americans, so store conditions and expectations are very similar to those within the United States.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record as a PRODUCE SPECIALIST, PRODUCE MERCHANDISER or PRODUCE DIRECTOR within a supermarket environment with at least 7-10 years of experience. The Produce Director will oversee the program for ten (10) stores, including eight (8) supermarkets and two (2) club stores. Responsibilities will include operations, purchasing, merchandising, pricing, sets/layouts, and new program implementation. This position will have responsibility for traditional "office" functions as well as hands-on merchandising and oversight of store conditions in produce departments.
Key requirements to be considered for this unique opportunity:
- You ABSOLUTELY MUST have at least five (5) years of past MULTI-STORE RESPONSIBILITY FOR PRODUCE, including operations, purchasing, merchandising, pricing, sets/layouts and new program implementation.
- You must have a clean criminal record and be able to commit to a three-year contract. Contracts may also be extended beyond three years.
Compensation and relocation information:
- Our client company will offer a competitive base salary, HEAVY bonus opportunity (tied directly to net profit), company vehicle and a significant benefits package. Cash compensation including quarterly bonus is expected to be in the $140-160K range.
- While living and working abroad, US Citizens are able to exempt their first $105,900 in income from US income tax under the 2019 IRS guidelines for Foreign Earned Income Exclusion.
- Please note that there are many factors to consider when relocating to Bermuda. Immigration policies often prevent a spouse from being able to work on the island unless he/she has a very specialized skill set. Also, most parents accustomed to schools within the United States find the education system on the island to be lacking.
- Our client company does offer a relocation program that will cover physical goods and temporary housing but does NOT involve the sale of an existing home.
- Also, while the interview process will progress rapidly, the immigration process often takes an additional 8-12 weeks and involves extensive criminal background checks. You must be willing to commit to a three-year contract, as well.
If you have our client's required multi-store produce background and would like to know more about the opportunity, please apply now and be sure to include your resume.