The Business Development (BD) Assistant is an entry level position responsible for providing daily support to the Business Development department and assigned practice groups.
BD and Marketing Activities
- Provide day-to-day support to the BD Managers and Directors on various BD and marketing initiatives.
- Support the preparation for and execution of client events, as well as conferences, including conference logistics, interfacing with the organizers and coordinating with the attorneys.
- Assist with activities related to client relations or firm promotion, including media relations and other BD tasks.
- Help draft and produce attorney bios, practice profiles and brochures.
- Help draft presentation materials.
- Work with the firm’s research team to pull and analyze research on current and prospective clients. Conduct additional research through internal database searches.
- Prepare drafts of pitches and RFPs, including executive summaries detailing the firm’s capabilities.
- Coordinate logistics associated with pitch/RFP production and delivery.
- Actively participate in ongoing matter maintenance of the firm’s tracking system, including matter intake and updates. Maintain matter lists and populate matter descriptions from current materials.
- Update practice descriptions and maintain client lists.
- Create and maintain entries in our partner activity tracking system. Assemble and send out daily updates.
- Assist with data collection for and drafting of directories, awards and league table submissions.
- Bachelor's degree required. One to two years of law firm, professional services or business experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication ability, including writing, editing and presentation skills.
- Understanding of the pressures of working in a corporate environment and manages stress well.
- Ability to work in an environment with shifting priorities to meet time-sensitive deadlines, as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously, including confidential matters.
- Highly organized with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work confidently and collaboratively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Resourceful, driven attitude with a genuine desire and energy to use a “whatever it takes” approach to ensure team success.
- Exhibits high energy and genuine enthusiasm for the subject of legal BD and marketing activities and goals.
- Overtime work is often required, including nights and weekends.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.