TITLE: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
DIV/DEPT: Global Operations
LOCATION: Country Office, Colombo, Sri Lanka (with frequent travel to other field locations)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Monitoring, Evaluation and Knowledge Management Specialist
To work on development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems for/of ChildFund programs by supporting on regular monitoring and evaluation activities of the organization such as, but not limited to; maintaining data base for centralized monitoring system, support on execution of M&E Plans in program implementation, support on developing capacity of projects staff on monitoring and evaluation, maintaining and supporting to measure key project indicators for project staff and support reporting process on key program achievements to relevant parties.
- Ensures support on developing Logical Frameworks, Monitoring and Evaluation plans in program designs of programs funded by Grants and Sponsorship
- Ensures support on development of monitoring systems for programs funded by Grants and Sponsorship
- Ensures support on execution of M&E plans in programs
- Ensures support to Program Team on annual M&E reviews and reflections of programs funded by Grants and Sponsorship
- Maintain centralized monitoring and evaluation system which storage, compilation and analysis respective program information
- Rolling out organizational M&E processes (level 1/2/3)
- Track necessary information on program achievements, outcome measurements, participant reach best practices, lessons learnt and challenges
- Monitor and update information for online based tracking system of Country Office AOP
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 4 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation in development sector (including but not limited to needs assessment and programs design, logical framework development, selecting indicators, implementing monitoring plans, coordinating evaluations and data analysis)
- Experience in child-centered programs design and implementation, community-based organizations and managing field staff would be added advantage.
- High level computer proficiency in general office software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, Outlook) including deep knowledge of and practice in statistical and data management packages
- Demonstrated high level IT literacy
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English; fluency in a local language Sinhala or Tamil preferable
- Experience in sponsorship organization highly desirable.
- Demonstrated diplomacy in building relationships and working with diverse cultures and audiences, sensitive situations and subject matters
- Demonstrated skills in facilitation and training to develop M&E competencies of relevant staff
- Bachelors or higher-level degree required or Equivalent relevant work experience maybe acceptable in lieu of degree.
DISCLAIMER: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for child