$22,335 TO $39,976*
TEMPORARY PART-TIME (20 HOURS A WEEK)
The Justice Anthony M. Kennedy Library and Learning Center in Sacramento, California is looking for a talented part-time Administrative Coordinator who will undertake a broad set of administrative and event coordinator tasks, such as providing support to our Kennedy Learning Center and visitors, assisting in daily office procedures, and ensuring our administrative activities run smoothly on a daily and long-term basis.
- Provide administrative support for the Justice Anthony M. Kennedy Library and Learning Center and Public Information Officer managing the calendar of events, preparing the Center for events, hosting visitors and guests, including conducting courthouse tours.
- Participate in event planning and logistics, including creating agendas for programs, scheduling speakers, coordinating notices, and event setup and staffing.
- Facilitate and coordinate schedule of interns, docents and/or other volunteers, and monitor work assignments.
- Assist with maintaining and updating the Center website by contributing content and design assistance.
- Develop, organize and maintain records, logs, tracking forms, spreadsheets, databases for the Center.
A minimum of two years of experience working as an administrative coordinator, or on event planning and:
- General knowledge of administrative practices with office management systems and procedures, as well as with office equipment; strong interpersonal skills; ability to work independently or in a team environment; demonstrated, proactive, problem-solving approach; excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to understand and apply established rules and procedures; ability to handle matters discreetly and confidentially; strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task; keen attention to details and exceptional customer service
- Proficiency with MS Office products including Word and Excel is required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience within the federal or state courts systems is preferred
TOTAL REWARDS AND WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Salary*: This is a temporary (1 year and 1 day) part-time position (20 hours a week). Depending on qualifications, experience, annual salary $22,335 TO $39,976 (CL 25/26)
- Location: Sacramento, California.
- Time off: 7.5 vacation days with increase after 3 years; 7.5 sick leave days; 10 paid holidays
- Benefits: Employer subsidized health and life insurance plans. Dental, vision, flexible spending account, long-term care plans available. Employer sponsored pension plan and supplemental retirement contribution plans with employer match.
- Other Perks: Telework opportunities, reasonable work hours, team environment, creative people, and enhanced vacation accrual-based tenure.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a SINGLE PDF application packet through the Career Portal that includes: 1) cover letter detailing your qualifications and experience performing the representative duties, and 2) current resume.
Initial application review: July 12 through July 24, 2019.
If selected for an interview, tentative interview dates include: week of July 29. Video conference interviews available.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
U.S. citizen or a permanent resident in the process of applying for citizenship. Temporary positions may be converted to permanent without further competition. Direct deposit of pay required. Provisionally hired pending results of background investigation and fingerprinting. Positions with the U.S. Courts are at-will, excepted service appointments, and may be terminated with or without cause by the Court. Employees are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct for Judicial Employees.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER