Registered Nurse and Employee Support Coordinator
- Responsible for the oversight of the medical/health related services to persons served in Goodwill’s Day Program.
- Assist to provide direct client services which develop and maintain physical and mental health, monitor client medical needs and medication administration procedures, ensure all medical documentation is completed and current.
- Provide input to teams regarding ongoing medical needs of persons served. Serve as primary liaison for psychiatric and pharmacy consultants as well as other health care providers in the community who provide services for persons served at Goodwill.
- Support the leadership and direction of the Workforce Development Department.
Work with individuals who have disabilities and or barriers to employment and participate in the achievement of their goals. Demonstrate a positive, role model. Display commitment and involvement towards Goodwill's mission.
Delegation, Action Oriented, Conflict Management, Customer Focus, Negotiating, Judgment and Problem Solving, Motivating People, Ethics and Trust, Written Communications, Oral Communications, Inter-Personal Communications, Cooperation, Creditability, Customer Service Orientation, Integrity, Initiative, Job Knowledge, Quality, Teamwork, Accuracy, Adaptability, Dependability, Planning and Organization, Goal Orientation/Achievement, Analytical, Persuasiveness, Computer Skills, Safety and Security. Administer medication.
Ability to analyze, revise and communicate health and safety related policies and procedures whenever it is necessary to initiate change.
- Responsible for the oversight and medical/health related services for persons served in Goodwill’s Day Program as needed
- Participate in the development of goals and ongoing quality improvement processes.
- Assure new staff receives an appropriate and timely orientation to medication management training.
- Provide training to direct line staff regarding medication administration via the approved curriculum.
- Prepare documents and reports needed for safety meetings on a monthly basis.
- Serve as a member of the Safety Committee.
- Make recommendations for appropriate staff and client training.
- Maintain First Aid room and requisition all first aid and medical supplies as needed upon approval of Vice President of Workforce Development.
- Perform other duties involved in this position as requested.
- Will provide instruction for CPR and First Aid classes as needed.
- Respond to requests from the VP of Workforce Development.
- Assure timely flow of documentation to other departments, client service, human resources, and Targeted Case Management.
- Assist to provide direct client services which develop and maintain physical and mental health, monitor client medical needs and medication administration procedures, ensure all medical documentations is completed and current.
- Administer first aid treatment on an emergency and as-needed basis to all Goodwill clients and staff, when on site.
- Serve as a member on the Behavior Management Committee.
- Monitor and review all medication changes recommended by the consulting psychiatrist.
- Assure staff follow established procedures for documentation and administration of medications, establish and follow-up with corrective action as necessary.
- Assure appropriate procedures are followed for obtaining, storing, dispensing, and disposal of prescribed and over-the counter medications consumed by persons served in Goodwill’s Day Program.
- Provide counseling concerning health-related issues as needed (i.e., preventative measures, nutritional guidance, compliance with physician’s orders, etc.) for all Goodwill employees according to family strengthening policies and procedures.
- Attendance and punctuality.
- Quality and quantity of work performed.
- Attitude and overall effectiveness of working relations with all stakeholders.
- The manner in which duties and responsibilities, essential functions and job competencies are performed.
- Supports and values diversity.
- Ability to complete accurate transcription of all documentation, reports, and summaries in a timely manner.