MITEK® USA INC., A SUBSIDIARY OF BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY, INC. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal – making our customers successful.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated TERRITORY SALES REPRESENTATIVE BASED IN IL who will be responsible for managing all aspects of Home Center (HC) and LBM Dealer Accounts while building brand awareness. Additional responsibilities include end user and job site activities to build brand awareness and drive sales with Pro-Contractors. This position will also provide sales support to District Sales Managers.
- Position Location: Illinois- Remote
- Schedule: Flexibility required, may include evenings and weekends
- Travel required: 90% + and company provided vehicle
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for researching and resolving customer support lists submitted by customers’ and/or co-workers.
- Regularly meets with account store, district, and regional management staff to update category development and building industry trends.
- Perform merchandising to maintain plan-o-gram integrity and update point of purchase materials as well as support District Sales Managers as needed.
- Maintains competitive market intelligence regarding building-materials, retail home-center, and construction industry trends. Develop plans to communicate information to company and account personnel and develop strategies to engage account's Commercial Services departments.
- Develops cross-promotional strategies to maximize product placement opportunities in appropriate store departments. Helps manage plan-o-gram reset and product launch store implementation.
- Analyze market POS performance to identify measures to grow business, including modification of plan-o-gram holding capacity and product assortment additions or deletions.
- Develops and conducts training seminars in coordination with account's store, district, and regional personnel.
- Conducts retail competitive shops to gather market information on a regular basis. Submit information to Sales Coordinator to track market pricing and product assortments.
- Attends new-store and contractor appreciation events. Develop displays and presentations to educate personnel on USP products and connector market.
- Audits store on-hand inventory amounts against rate of sale to ensure proper stocking levels. Perform cycle counts as needed.
- Completes "service call report" and sends to supervisor/calls with situations needing immediate attention.
- Works with and trains outside service agency personnel. Conducts audits of service performance.
- Drives provided company vehicle in a safe, professional manner and adhere to company driving policy.
- Attendance at work during the regularly scheduled shift is an essential duty. This includes, but is not limited to the ability to be present at work, arrive on time and be at the work station ready for work at the start of the shift.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
- Two year technical school or Associate’s Degree and/or combination of education and 2 years’ experience.
- 2 plus years’ experience. Sales/merchandising or related experience a plus.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications – Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Working Relationships - Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
- Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Gather and analyze information skillfully. Develop alternative solutions. Work well in group problem solving situations. Use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Interactions with Others – Must be a team player who interacts well with other members of the team, vendors, customers, etc. Must seek out and share information and develop trust and rapport with coworkers at all levels in the organization. Must be willing to work as an equal team member.
- Safety Awareness – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
MITEK OFFERS COMPETITIVE SALARIES AND BENEFITS INCLUDING:
MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISION, VACATION, PERSONAL DAYS, LIFE INSURANCE, DISABILITY, 401(K) & PROFIT SHARING.
AT MITEK CUSTOMERS AND ASSOCIATES ARE ALWAYS FIRST!
MITEK IS AN E-VERIFY AND
DRUG AND TOBACCO-FREE WORKPLACE
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY STATUS, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY LAW.