Medical West Hospital, an affiliate of the UAB Health System, has an opening for an exempt full-time Staff Accountant.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Completion of all journal entries and reconciliations for the fixed assets process
- Management of the treasury process including tracking and reconciliation of cash receipts and completion of monthly bank reconciliations
- Assist in the completion of monthly bond debt entries and interest expense
- Support the month-end close process and the preparation of the financial statements
- Prepare internal financial reports and analysis
- Management of client accounts receivable process
In addition to the items noted above the Staff Accountant will assist the accounting team with various administrative duties. The candidate must possess the ability to multi-task, work independently, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience in healthcare is not required for the role.
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- Individual must be accurate and detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical skills