UJET is reimagining customer support with leading innovation to modernize the customer service experience. With a passion for improving the customer experience, our tools offer a multichannel solution for voice, web, text and mobile app support. Compliant with SOC2 Type II and HIPAA certifications, security and data protection are paramount to the success of our partnerships. Companies like Nest, Instacart, Postmates, Brex and GBM trust UJET to optimize and modernize customer support and offer global reliability, security and scaling across the world. Customer support must be seamless for the consumer, must empower agents with the best tools to solve problems and enable brands to present the best support experience possible. UJET is the only option for enterprise companies that want to future-proof support.
UJET is searching for an experienced Sr. Backend Engineer to join our growing San Francisco team! The ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer who has shipped several products at large scale and is meticulous with code style and quality, with the ability to own features and end-to-end architecture.
- Establish yourself as a technical leader, subject matter expert, and become the go-to person for initiatives on the backend team
- Be a collaborative team player who can lead and deliver backend services with high availability, low latency, and auto scalability
- Facilitate collaboration between engineers, product owners, and designers
- Possess a deep understanding of the product and business goals which translate into technical design documents
- Architect, design, develop, deploy, and operate services that serve start-ups to enterprise clients
- Be a leader of the UJET backend developer community affecting and driving our architecture across the company
- Mentor junior engineers
- Drive strong engineering practices within your team and define and teach these practices within the UJET developer community
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy in your domain of expertise
- Find ways to spread learning across the organization (give internal talks, contribute to internal blogs, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- 7+ years' experience in software development, with at least 5 years of backend development experience
- Working experience around a breadth of datastores including MySQL, NoSQL, Redis or Elasticsearch
- Efficiency in software best practice and tools like Git, Docker, CI, 12factor, etc
- Previous experience in designing and scaling microservice architecture
- Capable of writing optimal code in at least one stack (Java, Go, Ruby, Python)
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally, in a fast-paced start-up environment
NICE TO HAVE
- Familiarity with AWS.
- Familiarity with in-app p2p communication, CRM, or video applications.
In addition to our great team and disruptive technology, we offer our teammates a competitive compensation and benefits package, work/life balance, unlimited vacation, stock options, catered lunches Monday through Thursday, monthly game nights, and more!
UJET is an Equal Opportunity Employer.