LCSW THERAPEUTIC MENTOR SUPERVISOR
Up to $3,000 sign on bonus:
$1,000 after 3 months of employment & $2,000 after 6 months of employment
We're looking for a licensed Therapeutic Mentor Program Supervisor (LCSW).
The Therapeutic Mentor Program Director will provide clinical and administrative oversight and supervision to the Therapeutic Mentoring program staff who provide youth under the age of 21 in any setting (i.e. home, community etc.), structured, one-to-one, strength-based support services for the purpose of addressing daily living, social, and communication needs. Services are designed to support age appropriate social functioning or ameliorate deficits in the youth’s age-appropriate social functioning. Therapeutic Mentoring services include supporting, coaching, and training the youth in age appropriate behaviors, interpersonal communication, problem-solving and conflict resolution, and relating appropriately to other children and adolescents, as well as adults. The Therapeutic Mentor Program Director will be a member of the Division’s Administrative Team and contribute to developing programmatic policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with Staff, colleagues, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to provide goal-oriented services and work well as a team member.
- Ability to accurately diagnose and provide proper clinical formulation.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative, creative, analytical and decisive in problem solving.
- Demonstrated communications, administrative and organizational capabilities.
- Familiarity with the major models of clinical supervision, in terms of philosophical assumptions and practical implications, and the ability to compare and contrast them with other models.
- The capacity to articulate a personal model of supervision, drawn from existing models of supervision and from preferred styles of therapeutic practice.
- The capacity to attend capably to the multiple functions and tasks of clinical supervision.
- The capacity to facilitate the co-evolving relationships between the worker-client and supervisor-worker-client relationships, identifying and addressing problems that arise.
- Awareness and sensitivity to contextual variables such as race, culture, gender, sexuality, disability, economics and lived experience, and how they impact on the range of working relationships (e.g., worker-client, supervisor-worker-client, and peer-peer).
- Knowledge of the service delivery protocol and treatment standards as well as the ethical mandates of relevant professional bodies.
- Knowledge about processes for working through ethical dilemmas in clinical supervision.
- Awareness of legal issues which may arise in clinical supervision, and commitment to ensuring that supervisees are also aware of these (e.g., duty to report, limits of confidentiality, etc.).
- Skill in giving and receiving feedback in clinical supervision, both informally (e.g., in the course of supervision sessions) and formally (e.g., planned and documented reviews of supervision process and of supervisees' clinical skills).
- The capacity to provide a high standard of documenting clinical supervision sessions.
- Advanced knowledge of the major issues experienced by clients (e.g., mental illness, alcoholism, drug abuse).
- Employee Type: Full Time
- Minimum Experience required: 2 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Degree and Licensing required: Must possess a master degree in human services field and have a Massachusetts Board issued LCSW.
- Bilingual [English & Spanish] encouraged to apply.
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid vacations
- 11 paid holidays
- 8 discretionary days a year
- Discounts offered to your Verizon and/or Sprint plans
- Hiring Bonus up to $3,000!
- may vary based on degree*
Gándara Center provides residential, mental health, substance abuse and preventive services for children, adults and families across the Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts. Founded in the Hispanic community, we value cultural diversity and strive to provide culturally competent, innovative services to a diverse community.