TOPS Hospital has served the North Houston community for more than 30 years and recently underwent a major expansion and renovation project that included all new operating room suites as well as updated patient care and public areas.
The Patient Relations Liaison position exists to identify patient’s family prior to services being performed at TOPS Surgical Specialty Hospital. The liaison is required to be the patient representative and is often the first on–site contact the patient has with the Center. The primary goal of this professional is to ensure that the patients receive the best customer service experience by eliminating conflicts, communicating policies and educating staff members.
- Meets customer’s expectations by actualizing EDGE – Every Day Giving Excellence on a daily basis.
- Speaks and acts respectfully toward the organization, co-workers and medical staff.
- Acts and responds politely at all times.
- Demonstrates a willingness to give 100% and voluntarily assist others.Demonstrates customer service in telephone etiquette.
- Attends work on time and is ready to work. Attends work regularly with minimal absence from work (Defined by absenteeism – tardy policy).
- Functions as a team member, exhibiting sensitivity, fairness, courtesy, trust, and respect.
- Communication is clear and concise and FREE OF GOSSIP.
- Takes ownership for work and is dependable in all actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of HIPPA and ensures confidentiality of patient information.
- Follows policies and procedures regarding injuries prevention, reporting and follow-up on employee injuries.
- Ensures the support of patient care activities while maintaining an environment that values patient privacy, patient satisfaction, and organizational efficiency.
- Demonstrates understanding of Patients Rights and Responsibilities.
- Provides direction and is knowledgeable on all aspects of team functions.
- Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Anticipates customer’s needs and provides for them as quickly as possible.
- Excellent working knowledge of customer service. Preferred hospital-based knowledge.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to make decisions and use independent judgment.
- Possess the ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities.
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully with patients, families, physicians, and employees.
- Demonstrates ability to work as a team member and to communicate directly and professionally. Shall be flexible, reliable, productive, patient-oriented and self-motivated.
- Possesses the ability to identify a problem and lead a team through the development and implementation of a solution.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a demanding healthcare environment.
- Ability to communicate articulately to a variety of audiences including, but not limited to: executive leadership, medical staff, clinical staff, patients, and families
High school graduate or GED certificate recipient
Strong ethical and moral character references