Under the direction of the Business Office Manager, the Business Office Assistant is responsible for covering any aspect of the business office necessary. Duties include scheduling, insurance verification, financial counseling, patient calls and chart building. Successful candidate will possess outstanding multi-tasking+ abilities, communication and teamwork as well as the ability to keep up in a fast paced working environment. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate previous successful/positive customer service encounters or programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verifies insurance prior to patient’s arrival, to include "Add Ons and Direct Admits"
- Obtains pre-certification from insurance companies for procedures that require pre-certification.
- Requests office notes from referring physician if needed for Authorization.
- Calculating and Informing patients of amount due
- Communicating with the Dr. Offices
- Ensures all required forms are placed in designated areas of the patients chart
- Daily preparation of charts for next day’s surgeries within required deadline (NO LESS than 3 days prior to surgery, for all cases scheduled four days or more in advance of surgery date)
- Preparation of medical consents for each chart prepared
- Labeling necessary documents and adding physician orders
- Out-bound collection calls to patients regarding their medical invoice/bill answering questions and setting up payment/payment plans.
- Utilization of various collection strategies and methodologies to contact consumers in order to negotiate payment in full or payment arrangements on debt within federal, state and client collection guidelines and laws.
- Knowledge of health care financing and Medical Collections preferred.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2-4 years of healthcare medical office experience preferred.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a professional way.
- Ability to use time wisely in preparing work area to meet high-paced demand.
- Show a genuine desire to work and improve the center as a whole.
- Understanding of medical terminology.
- Strong computer skills, including the use of 10-key data entry and ability to scan charts.
- Must demonstrate excellent phone etiquette and exceptional customer service skills.