At Baylor Scott & White Surgicare Dallas, our mission is to provide first-class services for the local community in a safe, comfortable, and welcoming environment; one in which we would be happy to treat our own families.
BAYLOR SCOTT & WHITE SURGICARE IS CURRENTLY SEEKING A FULL-TIME RADIOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST. The ideal candidate will perform quality c-arm fluoroscopy diagnostic procedures under the direction of a physician, at a technical level requiring constant attention to technical detail and in a timely manner. Operates C-arm, X-ray equipment, PACS, and transmitting images. Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment, with ingenuity and initiative. Recognizes the purpose of this service is to provide high quality fluoroscopy, and X-ray imaging and to prioritize the patient as number one.
BENEFITS INCLUDE: Offers competitive salary, medical and dental, 401(k) with Company Contribution and annual profit sharing bonus.
Our team is looking for a Full Time Radiologic Technologist with experience, specific to the OR setting. This teammate must have experience working around a sterile environment and be able to perform a variety of Radiological functions in a surgical setting such as:
- Standard C-arm fluoroscopy, including ESI procedures
- Mobile radiography to include a variety of orthopedics, chest, abdomen, extremities, both intra and post operatively
- Utilization of Faxitron for breast biopsy specimens.
- Knowledge of Equipment including Siemens Siremobile-ISO-C, Siemens Arcadis Varic, GE AMX 3, OrthoScan mini-C, Bio Vision, Konica Digital C-Reader.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CT RADIOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST INCLUDE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform the described duties in the primary work area and demonstrate competency in the following: Orthopedic radiology, Pain Management radiology, Operating room Radiology, Cholangiography, c-arm fluoroscopy.
- Perform a variety of technical tasks involved in operating fluoroscan, and X-ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body as specified by physician; adjust equipment for proper exposure, voltage and current in accordance with prescribed radiation safety procedures.
- Determine, prepare and set up medical supplies, instruments and equipment; explain CT, and X-ray procedures to patients; position patients for each anatomical view specified using immobilization and protective devices as required; report any changes in patient condition to attending medical staff.
- Monitor accessory equipment and assist attending physician with fluoroscopic examinations and special radiographic studies.
- Record amount and type of images exposed; label film with identifying information; sort as required.
- Consult with lead X-Ray radiologist to ensure compliance with established standards of quality.
- Processing images in accordance with standardized procedures and maintain assigned work area in clean and orderly condition.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Associate Degree in Radiologic Sciences or Graduate of an AMA-approved school of Radiologic Technology
- Two to five years’ experience specific to CT
- Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- Licensed by the Texas Department of Health as a Medical Radiologic Technologist - General License.
- AART advanced certification in CT
- CPR/BLS Current.
- Tech must have 3-5 years’ experience, experience using both GE and Siemens C-arms, OrthoScan.
- Ability to do C-arm and X-ray images
- Vast experience with pain management procedures (ESI, fluoroscopy guided joint injections) and orthopedics HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
- Knowledgeable of local, state, federal and Joint Commission Regulations.
- Must possess independent decision making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills with the staff, physicians, patients and families.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a professional way.