The Surgical/OR RN is responsible for nursing activities related to the care of the patient experiencing an operative or other invasive procedure for Baylor Scott & White Surgical Hospital at Fort Worth and Baylor Scott & White Surgical Hospital at Fort Worth Outpatient Center. The RN is a resource person and provides guidance to non-licensed personnel. The RN can expect to care for adult patients, including the older adult through geriatric, and pediatric patients from 1 month through adolescence. The attached criteria based performance evaluation provides a specific set of standards as they relate to age specific competency.
This part time RN will be scheduled two days per week.
- Delivers indirect and direct patient care according to established standards, taking into consideration the age and risk factors of the patient.
- Performs patient assessment and reassessment immediately upon admission and on a regular basis in accordance with standards of care with documentation of these assessments as a basis for planning each patient’s care.
- Takes emergency call as assigned.
- Integrates and coordinates care across settings and among disciplines.
- Utilizes special precautions in the direct care and in the supervision of care provided to sedated patients.
- Documents all records according to established policies and procedures.
- Assists with reviewing and updating policies and procedure.
- Provides appropriate information to nursing personnel regarding the patients’ status on transfer.
- Implements physician’s orders effectively and safely in accordance with standards of practice.
- Understand practices and ensures sterile technique.
- Ensures that all nursing interventions and patients’ responses are communicated to responsible practitioners as indicated and that all components of the nursing process are documented in accordance with standards of practice.
- Acts as a patient advocate in meeting his/her physical and psychological needs.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred
- Current Texas Nursing License
- BLS required, must get ACLS within 6 months of hire
SPECIFIC JOB EXPERIENCE
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a hospital surgical setting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities
- Able to deal tactfully with patients, families, physicians and employees
- Knowledge of hospital policies and procedures specific to an OR nurse
- Clinically proficient in OR nursing skills