RN Operating Room Circulator is responsible for the nursing activities related to care of the patient experiencing an operative or other invasive procedure. The Operating Room Registered Nurse is a resource and provides guidance to non-licensed personnel. This individual can expect to care for adults patients, including the older adult through geriatric and pediatric patients from 1 month through adolescence.
- Assisting with equipment and processing of necessary tools
- Serving as a patient advocate and ensuring patient safety at all times
- Assisting the surgeon with invasive procedures
- Assisting with positioning the patient
- Monitoring the patient's condition throughout the entire surgical process and acting quickly to respond to any changes
- Maintaining the sterile field at all times
- Exhibiting skillful clinical judgment and assessment skills
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Minimum of two (2) years previous OR experience REQUIRED. No new graduates or RNs without previous circulating experience will be considered.
- Current Texas License as a Registered Nurse.
- Current in BLS, ACLS and PALS required.
- CNOR preferred
- Possess the ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities.
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully with patients, families, physicians, and employees.
- Knowledgeable of hospital policies and procedures specific to operating room nurse.
- Clinically proficient in operating room nursing skills, demonstrating knowledge of the development needs of the pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.