The Process Engineer III will be responsible for developing the process on the P&E projects. Process development will be in many different sectors including Oil & Gas, Refineries, Pharma, and Alternative Energy. Development will include PFD’s, Material Balances, P&ID’s, process simulations, and datasheets to support the projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute Aspen or Chem-Cadd process simulations.
- Develop PFD’s and Material Balances.
- Develop P&ID’s: line sizing, pipe MOC’s, and heat trace & insulation requirements.
- Define controls narrative, control scheme and necessary instruments.
- Select all Materials of Construction for process equipment, mechanical equipment, and piping.
- Specify design conditions for all equipment.
- Conduct HAZOP’s (executed by others, but managed by process engineer).
- Work with client on permitting requirements.
- Understand and define for the project emissions requirements and control technology.
- Serve as the primary process resource for the start-up and commissioning on a project.
- Ability to manage sub-contractors or vendors as necessary.
- Develop proposals for clients.
- Collaborate with the estimation department to create and execute project estimations.
- Work with project management to create manning schedules for assignments.
- Travel domestically and internationally ranging from 20-30% per year.
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established safety and company requirements.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work is performed in an office and uncontrolled atmosphere. Exposure to harsh conditions are possible for short period time—such as: dust, fumes, chemicals, hazardous materials, noise, and varying weather and temperatures. Must be able to travel to jobsites both domestically and internationally; living accommodations in some foreign assignments may not meet expected U.S. standards. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee will is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear; and work in a consistent state of alertness and in a safe manner. Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. on a regular basis is required.
SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering is required.
- Five (5) to Seven (7) years of experience in process engineering is required.
- Process simulation experience beyond a basic level is preferred.
- Process knowledge of PFD’s and P&ID’s is strongly preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and hands-on experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written is required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- EIT registration is preferred.
- Computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows based programs are required.
- Ability to work flexible hours and some weekend work may be required.
- Requires effective time management skills, personal conduct, and change management abilities.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers, clients, vendors, and other business contacts.
- Must comply with Roeslein & Associate’s core values for the safe and efficient operation of the business and maintain sound relationships among and with employees.