Latham & Watkins, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is seeking a Social Media Lead to join our dynamic team in London. The Social Media Lead is responsible for continuing to develop and implement the firm’s social media strategy. They will coordinate the firm’s presence within social media, help ensure a consistent voice across the host of social media channels and supports the firm’s social media policies. He or she will work closely with colleagues and relevant firm committees to develop training modules for the effective individual and team use of social media channels. The Lead is responsible for staying abreast of emerging technologies, communications best practices and trends in the digital communications and social media arena.
In addition, as a part of the Brand & Communications Department global digital media team, the Lead may be called upon to assist with the development or distribution of content for other firm digital media platforms, including, but not limited to, websites, blogs, webcasts and podcasts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
“Essential duties” are those that an individual must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Leads strategic review of the firm’s social media presence, including providing counsel on integration of social media activities with the firm’s brand and communications program, development of policies and governance.
- Plays integral role in the design and development of a comprehensive digital communications and social media strategy, incorporating multiple social media platforms.
- Works with colleagues to develop integrated, multi-channel communications programs to reach internal and external stakeholders.
- Promotes social media tactics as a fundamental part of the brand and communications media mix and ensures social media/digital communications approach is aligned with firm’s web site and digital media strategy.
- Leads the development of the firm’s presence and effectiveness within multiple social media platforms.
- Serves as the administrator of the firm’s presence within core social media platforms.
- Supports the design, development and maintenance of practice and committee blogs.
- Advises on social media strategy to support distribution of firm materials, substantive legal updates and other commentaries.
- Helps ensure consistent brand presence and firm voice across multiple social media channels.
- Stays abreast of social media developments, emerging technologies, communications best practices and trends in the social media universe as well as the competitive landscape.
- Develops and delivers internal social media training modules for colleagues.
- Leads development of internal social media training modules for attorneys and works with colleagues to roll out an education and familiarization program for attorneys.
- Plays an integral role in vendor review and selection and manages vendor relationships.
- In conjunction with the Brand & Communications team, oversees monitoring of the firm’s profile and presence within social media universe.
- Works with colleagues to establish key metrics to measure effectiveness of the firm’s social media program.
- Completes special projects regarding various issues as needed.
- Promotes effective work practices, works collaboratively as a team member, and shows respect for co-workers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Media, PR/Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a related field required.
- Experience working in digital communications / social media, providing strategic counsel and hands-on execution required.
- Significant relevant experience; demonstrable experience developing and implementing social media initiatives for a professional services firm or company required.
- Experience in a professional services / B2B context preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills; creative writing and editing skills required.
- Excellent language skills, including reading, grammar, spelling and vocabulary to ensure proper and efficient proofreading and writing.
- Highly developed experience communicating within various social and digital media platforms.
- Excellent leadership and project management skills (e.g., organizing, planning, problem-solving and decision-making) necessary for effective management.
- Practical problem solving skills and well developed analytical skills.
- Advanced knowledge of social media strategies with regards to issues management, as well as experience proactively managing a firm’s / company’s online reputation.
- Ability to perceive and analyze problems and develop alternative strategies to solve them.
- Ability to use independent judgment and discretion when making majority of decisions.
- Ability to work in a high-pace environment, either independently or as a member of a project team.
- Well developed and professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a customer service focus.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion.
- Organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines.
- Knowledge of and experience with online analytics/measurement platforms
- Knowledge and proficiency in PC applications, including MS Office
Successful candidates will not only be provided with an outstanding opportunity, but will also be provided with a generous total compensation package with bonuses awarded in recognition of both individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham’s comprehensive benefit program which includes health insurance as well as group income protection and life assurance, a pension plan, wellness programs, employee discounts and more.
Latham & Watkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity and sustainability enables Latham & Watkins to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world's leading law firms.