REPORTS TO: Store Management
The role of a Sales Associate at UO is to create an engaging shopping experience for our customers while working in a place where you can share your love for music, design and style and interact with people in a real and authentic way.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Deeply understands and loves the Urban Outfitters customer and brand
* Builds relationships naturally, embraces individuality and diversity
* Engages with social media across multiple platforms, connecting with others over shared passions
* Knows what current trends and products inspire the UO customer
* Eager to develop new skills and is responsive to feedback
ROLES + RESPONSIBILITIES
* Initiates conversation and interacts with the customer in an authentic, personalized way
* Utilizes technology to enhance the customer’s experience
* Shares advice, product knowledge and personal experiences to engage with the customer
* Suggests alternate products, complementary pieces, outfitting tips, or styling ideas based on the customer’s personal style and interests
COMMUNICATION + COLLABORATION
* Exhibits a willingness to learn and adapt, maintaining an ongoing connection with the customer
* Collaborates with management and peers, sharing good ideas with the team and actively participating in daily meetings, store projects and brand focuses
* Contributes to the team by being positive, respectful and helpful to others
MERCHANDISE + PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE
* Knows what’s new and what’s selling well throughout the store and shares that knowledge with the customer
* Well-informed on events and special offers in-store and online, providing customers with a seamless shopping experience
* Maintains Urban Outfitters’ visual and display standards and ensures the selling floor is well-stocked
* Takes initiative in development of job skills and knowledge to drive store sales and achieve operational results
* Assists in the completion of daily projects while keeping the focus on the customer experience
* Demonstrates awareness and adheres to Loss Prevention, Inventory Control, safety standards, and all other Company policies and procedures
During the hiring process, you might be asked to complete a video introduction, an opinion survey, or asked to join us at a UO Hiring Event.
Want to learn more about our brand and the amazing people that work at UO? Check out www.urbn.com!
Urban Outfitters, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations available for applicants with disabilities if required. Please notify us if an accommodation is needed.