POSITION: Audio Visual Support Technician
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
DURATION: 6 month contract to hire
Ursus is a minority owned business designed and built to deliver a better staffing experience to Global 1000 and startup companies alike. We pride ourselves in seeking to understand the needs of our clients first; responding with relentless attention to detail and old fashioned hard work until the job is completed and the client is satisfied.
Our team has over 100 years of experience building, managing and staffing high tech companies around the globe. Our collective experience, coupled with best of breed, and proven, processes and technology equals the result our clients and candidates expect!
- Responsible for the configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of electronic communication systems, including but not limited to professional audio systems, video display systems, automation control systems, Telepresence and Video-Conferencing solutions.
- Assisting installation teams with the final hookup of electronic equipment during new installs at customer sites
- Tests and documents readings for customer's systems
- Troubleshoots and repairs audio visual and IT components
- Trains and instructs the customer on the proper use of the equipment
- Responsible for reading and interpreting wiring diagrams, schematics, and blueprints
- Assists with preventive maintenance and upgrades of customer hardware and software components
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS:
- 2 – 5 years with high end Audio Visual Installations
- 1-2 Recent years in the role of project or field engineering
- Experience with major industry manufacturers including Extron, Crestron, AMX, Cisco, Biamp, Clarone and Polycom
- High attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience in the IT network communications a plus.
- Audio, video conferencing, or control equipment manufacturer certifications a plus (Polycom / AMX / Crestron / NEC / Bi-AMP / etc)
- Must have experience reading and interpreting wiring diagrams, schematics, and blueprints
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation.
- Must be flexible with shift hours and timing
- Valid and current driver’s license.
- This person must have great personal skills and be able to interface with clients, technicians, and contractors. The right individual will also be highly energetic, well organized and responsible. Experience with Video Conferencing, Streaming, and Control Systems is a plus.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- 4 Year College Degree Preferred
- CTS and/or any other AV Industry certifications highly desired not required.