HOLLY HUNT is known for a look that is consistently at the forefront of style and quality. Our showrooms and collections lead the industry in luxury home furnishings. The company designs, produces and showcases custom made products including indoor and outdoor furniture, lighting, rugs, textiles and leathers.
The General Manager Support Assistant is an integral part of the Holly Hunt Showroom. Their responsibilities are to work closely with Management, Clients, Corporate Office, Reception, Outside Sales Associates and Represented Vendors to ensure brand continuity. This position is also responsible for much of the logistics required for the showroom operations, financials, events and refreshes.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Acknowledge every client that comes into the showroom
- Running various sales reports including month end reports for GM and other business units.
- Prepare Account Payable Vendor invoices weekly for GM approval, send approved invoice and corresponding documents to Chicago, keep records for showroom
- Process Showroom Manager expenses and weekly expense reports for GM
- Facilitate yearly or bi-yearly refreshes for the showroom and 7 outside vendors, on site point person for trades people.
- Facilitate showroom repairs and maintenance on site point person for trades people and vendors.
- When Needed: Assist with coverage/maintaining sample room inventory; order samples and keep all inventory levels current
- When Needed: Assist sales staff by gathering tear sheets and memo samples
- When Needed: Assist with coverage of reception area in the absence of full-time receptionist, including breaks and vacation time (assisting with phone inquiries and directing calls to the appropriate staff members)
- Assist with coordinating and planning showroom events from initial concept development, maintaining budgets and orchestrate day of logistics
- Special projects Management, events
- Act on behalf of GM during times they are not present
- Scheduling/managing installers (wall paper, lighting, contractors, movers)
- Working with local trades on showroom improvement
- Sales analysis for special projects
- Accustom to being entrusted with confidential information
- Support the General Managers and VP of Sales as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook
- Ability to multitask / Self Starter / Takes Initiative
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Some lifting (20-50 lbs max)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years of working in a retail, design or showroom environment
We are an Equal Employment opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.