CEMENT PROCESS ENGINEER
ROANOKE CEMENT COMPANY
Titan America has an excellent opportunity for a PROCESS ENGINEER joining the Roanoke Cement Operations team. This exempt position will report to the Production Manager and will be responsible for planning, coordinating and monitoring the operations of plant equipment at Roanoke Cement to ensure attainment of plant objectives, cost efficiency and adherence to industry safety, security and hygiene standards.
- Review and monitor plant operations and analyze problems that compromise production or quality.
- Develop and implement production tracking and quality control systems.
- Review, analyze and monitor material handling, raw milling, kiln-pyro operations and finish milling. Oversee pre-heater kiln cooler to monitor the pyro-process operations, evaluate performance and recommend improvement and/or modification to standard operating procedures.
- Ensure environmental compliance by reporting, auditing and future planning.
- Develop budgets and approve expenditures for supplies, materials and human resources.
- Evaluate operator performance, develop training plans, train and assess operator progress and efficiency; including demonstrating track records for employee training.
- Must have B.S. Degree in Engineering with a minimum of 3 years cement production experience or A.S. Degree in Engineering and 5 years cement production experience.
- Knowledge/programming of Expert/Fuzzy/ECS systems.
- Extensive knowledge of cement industry, rotary cement kiln and milling operations; pyro-processes and interdependency of equipment operation efficiencies and their impact on quality.
- Practical knowledge of the following cement manufacturing equipment:
- FLS SF cross bar cooler
- Rotary kiln
- Clinker crusher with hydraulic roller breaker
- FLS Loss of Weight kiln feed weighing system
- Coriolis measuring system
- Application and use of Continuous Emission Monitoring Systems
- Experience with burning alternative fuels (biomass, tires, engineered fuels) is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs required (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects.
Success begins with hiring the right people to partner with us as we grow and develop our businesses. People are central to everything we do. It is through their efforts and talents that Titan has been successful for over 100 years.
Titan America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.