SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Edger Machine Operator is responsible for the application of the Edger machine at Rolled Metal Products, Inc. (RMP)
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
At a minimum, the following is a basic description of typical duties and responsibilities expected of the Edger Machine Operator position. These duties are not exhaustive and are subject to change as the needs of the organization require.
- Set up the edger according to customer’s requirements with the proper carbide dies, gearing of machines depending on gauge and any accessories, such as mill, edge rolls and deburr stand.
- Press buttons and pull levers on control panel to operate machine.
- Examine the inspection criteria prior to running order and sign off on inspection sheet as to compliance of thickness, width, edge, etc.
- Reprocess materials not meeting specifications.
- Teach Warehouse Worker or Helper how to stage material for production efficiency.
- Safely drives the Hi-lo through the plant to move coils and skids to designated areas and operates the over-head crane to move coils from the edger to packaging.
- Keeps immediate work area clean and organized throughout the day.
- Uses precision when operating tools such as tape measures, micrometers, nibblers and calipers.
- Cross-trains the Edger Helper.
- Adhere to all RMP’s safety rules, regulations and quality standards.
- Adhere to all RMP’s handbook policies and procedures.
- Computer skills necessary
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good reading and math skills
- Good organizational, problem solving, and time management skills
- Ability to measure using different tools
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction
- Operate with high integrity, maintaining positive relations with co-workers, customers, and suppliers
- Strong work ethic; self-motivated
- One or more years machine operating experience