FINANCE MANAGER (GLOBAL SERVICE)
Our client is one of the world’s largest professional service firms with locations throughout the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
Revenues: Over $3 Billion
Location: Downtown LA
Position: Finance Manager (Global Service)
- This role will serve as an internal consultant. Not managing a team but leading projects/initiatives
- Will be supporting to Practice Groups: Environmental Land Group and the Tax Group
- Working closely with the CFO
Salary: $150 - $185K + Bonus
Benefits: Generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in company’s comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
A global professional service firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is currently seeking a FINANCE MANAGER to join our winning team, located in our Global Services Office in downtown Los Angeles. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest; creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
As a Finance Manager at firm, you will contribute your expertise to providing high-level financial and strategic support to the firm's legal departments and practice groups. You will be responsible for identifying and analyzing new methods to understand underlying firm performance, including the development of business models for multiple practice areas. The Manager will also be responsible for supporting various other strategic and financial projects while accomplishing other critical functions:
- Managing, leading, and implementing various projects in the Finance and Accounting Department.
- Keeping abreast of various best practices in the market to ensure all department and practice goals and projects provide the firm with a competitive advantage.
- Working with the firm's department and practice leaders to identify current performance and trends, compare them to future goals, and develop strategic business plans to meet established goals.
- Managing and facilitating business plan execution.
- Evaluating and analyzing strategic initiatives by initiating and directing research on competition, markets, geographies, and areas of law.
- Developing financial models and reporting to identify trends and issues. Formulating recommendations and strategies for improving performance.
- Monitoring progress against economic targets and goals and initiates follow-up, as needed.
- Analyzing client performance data to identify client opportunities.
- Performing ad-hoc analytics by becoming familiar with and using the firm's various data stores and analytic tools.
- Evaluating growth opportunities such as mergers and acquisitions, both with respect to economic performance and strategic fit.
- Facilitating internal communications and information delivery to decision-makers
- Completing projects and tasks on various issues when needed; maintaining flexibility as business requirements evolve.
As a Finance Manager at firm, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude.
- Must possess strong knowledge of market research resources and financial reporting, excellent financial modeling skills and project management skills, and strong analytical skills needed for all primary duties of position, including comprehending and communicating data.
- Must demonstrate the ability and willingness to perform detailed analyses independently, the ability to consistently exercise independent judgment and discretion, and the ability to think creatively and provide strategic support to senior management.
- A BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN ECONOMICS, FINANCE, BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, OR A RELATED FIELD IS REQUIRED, AND AN MBA IS HIGHLY PREFERRED.
- 8+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE RELATED TO FINANCIAL ANALYSIS AND STRATEGIC PLANNING.
- 4+ YEARS OF SUPERVISORY/MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE IS DESIRED.
- ADVANCED KNOWLEDGE OF MICROSOFT EXCEL AND POWERPOINT IS REQUIRED, AND KNOWLEDGE OF ACCESS AND BUSINESS OBJECTS IS HIGHLY PREFERRED.
- Occasional travel is required.