Casa Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CASA) is a leading provider of next-generation broadband distributed and virtualized architectures in mobile, fixed telecom and cable networks. As the original supplier of commercially deployed CCAP systems that deliver voice, video, and data over a single port, Casa continues a tradition that brings leading edge solutions to hundreds of service providers around the world. At Casa Systems, our mission is to deliver ultra-broadband solutions that keep families, communities and the world connected. We harness our passion for innovation to drive technological solutions that allow service providers to do amazing things that improve the way we live.
We are seeking to hire a MANUFACTURING ENGINEER II to join our Manufacturing team based at our Lawrence, MA, USA facility located about 30 minutes north of Boston.
The Manufacturing Engineer II impacts the organization through their focus on developing and implementing optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls; and coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Investigates and initiates corrective action on manufacturing problems arising in the manufacture of one or more of the following: chemicals, parts and materials, assembly of mechanical, electrical, electronic or electromechanical units, assemblies, subsystems and systems or manufacturing problems associated with the inspection and/or testing of organization produced products.
- Reviews and evaluates proposed and processed engineering changes and/or other specification requirements and performs technical liaison with production planning and engineering personnel.
- Processes drawing changes on production released material and coordinates these changes with manufacturing and support groups.
- Reviews customer specifications, drawings and other supporting documents.
- May specify Kanban (JIT) techniques for tracking work in process (WIP) and inventory control.
- Provide training to other workers who are in the production department of the organization.
- Calculate workspace requirements and design strategies to utilize the workspace effectively.
- Calculate production cost, time involved, existing production resources, staff resources and prepare and present estimates and recommendations to the organization as well as anticipate upcoming manufacturing requirements and collaborate with management to ensure alignment with overall company plans and strategy.
- Complete end to end planning, direction and co-ordination of all the manufacturing processes.
- Undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering or related discipline.
- 2+ to 5 years of related experience.
- Requires knowledge of Six Sigma, SPC and/or ISO process controls.
- Able and willing to travel internationally <10% of the time.
Casa Systems, Inc. participates in the E‑Verify program. Casa Systems is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment free from unlawful employment discrimination and without barriers to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).