WELLSPAN HEALTH IS LOOKING FOR AN ONCOLOGY GENETICS COUNSELOR TO WORK AT OUR YORK HOSPITAL LOCATION. THIS IS AN EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY TO WORK FOR ONE OF THE REGIONS BEST HEALTH CARE SYSTEMS AND BE PART OF A WINNING TEAM!!
THIS POSITION ALSO ALLOWS THE FLEXIBILTY TO WORK REMOTELY AND UTILIZE TELEMEDICINE CAPABILITIES. THE CANDIDATE MUST BE WITHIN A ONE HOUR RANGE OF HOSPITAL AND RELOCATION ASSISTANCE WILL BE PROVIDED UP TO 10% OF ANNUALLY SALARY!
BENEFITS FOR WORKING AT WELLSPAN HEALTH INCLUDE:
- Opportunity to work with an excellent staff that includes a genetic counselor with 5+ years’ experience, administrative assistant, and genetic counselor extender
- Receive reimbursement for conferences, CEUs, and maintenance fees for licensing/certification
- Be instrumental in growing the program by extending our services to other WellSpan locations, education of providers and the community, create high risk programs
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides information about hereditary cancer syndromes to high risk patients and their families
- Analyzes family history and provides individualized risk assessment
- Interprets results and explains the personal and familial implications to the patient
- Provides crisis intervention during pre- and post-test counseling
- Serves as an educational resource on genetics, genetic counseling, and hereditary cancer syndromes
Master's Degree in Genetic Counseling
2 - 3 years preferred but accepting new graduates
- Certified by American Board of Genetic Counseling or American Board of Medical Genetics OR eligible to sit for the board exam within 6 months of hire.
- Licensed to practice in Pennsylvania