24 HOURS BIWEEKLY - NIGHT SHIFT - (2) 12 HOUR SHIFTS - EVERY OTHER WEEKEND
Under direct supervision of a registered nurse, provides clinical support services to patient care staff by performing a variety of duties related to patient care. Takes patient vital signs, assists patients with activities of daily living (e.g., bathing, feeding, toileting, etc.), inventories and replenishes supplies and equipment, and performs special assigned duties such as performing EKGs and Point-of-Care testing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides general nursing care and personal care assistance to patients, including activities of daily living and the removal of peripheral IVs and indwelling urinary catheter.
- Monitors patient condition levels; recognizes and reports changes in patient condition to the registered nurse.
- Possess the knowledge and skills to keep patients safe. Performs purposeful hourly rounds to identify and address patient needs.
- Obtains and electronically documents patient vital signs, including temperature, blood pressure, pulse oximetry, weight, respiration and pulse.
- Train and precept new employees.
- Performs Point-of-Care testing which may include blood glucose, hemocult and specific gravity testing. Performs quality control and instrument check procedures and maintains related records.
- Prepares patients for tests, procedures, etc. and transports patients to tests, procedures and different levels of care.
- Collects specimens as directed using appropriate or specified equipment for collecting and handling specimens.
- Performs EKGs and transmits studies.
- Obtains and removes equipment and supplies necessary for patient care.
- Responsible for maintaining and storing equipment appropriately and completing electronic requests for equipment repairs.
- Maintains par levels of supplies and equipment on assigned unit(s). Notifies supervisor when reorder points are reached.
- Responsible for stocking patient rooms, nursing areas, supply carts, etc. with appropriate items at required levels.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 - 6 Months of experience as a Nursing Assistant, EMT or a Nursing Student
- Certified Nursing Assistant Preferred
- Experience in Medical/Surgical environment desired