WORLD CLASS OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for a highly motivated, results-driven PORTFOLIO OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE to join our Portfolio Operations team in the Corporate Private Equity group in AUSTIN. You will become a member of an engaged, high-performing team— part of the world-class, winning culture that is leading the next generation of creating, acquiring, and operating exceptional businesses.
World Class creates, acquires, and operates businesses that benefit from our flexible capital, extensive global network, operational expertise, and long-term investment horizon. We implement a process-driven approach in pursuit of long-term value creation.
If you are looking to work with the best talent in the world, possess the skills to drive aggressive changes to disrupt industries, and are able to thrive in a fast-paced environment - this role is for you.
ABOUT THE PORTFOLIO OPERATIONS TEAM
The Portfolio Operations team at World Class drives value creation by leading aggressive operational improvements and growth strategies to create value at each of our portfolio companies and real estate assets. The team is focused on delivering long-term growth through designing and implementing leading best practice philosophies and proven techniques, while incorporating the entrepreneurial spirit that is consistent across each of our business units.
PORTFOLIO OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE: THE ROLE
As a PORTFOLIO OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE, you will work with World Class' Portfolio Operations team, Investments team, and portfolio company personnel to identify, design, implement, and maintain cost-saving and revenue increasing opportunities as well as supporting M&A integration. Your analytical, interpersonal, out-of-the-box thinking, and problem-solving skills will be exercised starting from day one.
To be successful in this role you must be able to:
- Understand high-level business concepts and how they impact one another, design the most efficient operations plan with management, and implement change at the operational level.
- Understand how to cut costs and grow revenue to drive significant growth in profitability.
- Organize and communicate current and future operational integration process standards, best practices, and guidelines across companies.
- Automate and optimize processes, provide analysis, reporting and support, as needed
- Provide thought leadership to ensure short-term and long-term business optimization during the integration process of new acquisitions.
- Drive cross-functional discussions to ensure integration activities are delivering on the most important value drivers identified when acquiring a new company or asset. This will entail prioritization of integration activities across all areas of the business.
- Participate in the underwriting, financial modeling, operational plan, and due diligence for investments.
- Conduct financial and business operational diligence (e.g. industry analysis, competitive position, growth prospects).
- Prepare presentations on potential transactions and investments for senior management that identify and assess valuation, operational improvement opportunities,, competitive advantage, business strategy, risks, etc.
- Identify links between silos in an organization. Determining how to best break down the barriers between them through processes, technology, organizational structure, and skills.
- Work directly with the Senior Management while collaborating cross-functional teams to ensure streamlined execution.
The ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Positive, "Get It Done" attitude.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, business management, engineering, accounting, mathematics or a related field.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, creative, and ability to think outside the box.
- Team player who is able to both take direction and show initiative as appropriate.
- Work effectively and successfully in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Hungry with a passion for excellence.
- Very strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Bright and flexible, with excellent analytical, strategic, and implementation skills.
- Results-oriented, with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and expeditiously.
- Gritty and willing to roll up your sleeves.
- A strong interest in living and working in Austin.