CONSTRUCTION TECHNICIAN (COMMERCIAL DRYWALL/METAL FRAMING)
To complete various physical labor tasks in support of commercial interior buildout projects, and as directed by the Construction Manager. Tasks must be completed within scheduled timeframes and to the quality standards set forth by company expectations. The Construction Technician will perform generalized construction-related tasks and more specialized metal framing-related tasks, per the specifications of the assigned project.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Learns and performs interior demolitions, as part of a team. Interior demolitions may include structural teardowns, removal of plumbing/electrical/lighting fixtures, removal of counter tops, backsplash, cabinets and/or cabinet door/drawer fronts, removal of appliances and other demolition duties as assigned.
- Completes interior space buildouts, which may include structural reconstructs, installing plumbing fixtures and accessories, painting and installing backsplash, installing electrical/lighting fixtures and ceiling fans, installing counter tops, cabinets and/or cabinet door/drawer fronts, installing appliances and other build back duties as assigned.
- Measures, cuts, shapes, assembles, places and joins studs, materials made of wood, wood substrates, and lightweight steel and other materials.
- Installs metal framing tracks and steel stud framing in conformance with all necessary building and fire codes.
- Installs floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls in conformance with all necessary building and fire codes.
- Fits and installs trim items, such as doors, molding and hardware.
- Cuts, hangs and fastens drywall and green board in accordance with all building and fire codes.
- Must be familiar with project scope requirements and required tasks, per project/jobsite.
- Responsible for debris and trash removal from jobsites.
- Transports materials and sundries from logistics center to jobsite locations.
- Ability to travel locally, as needed, between multiple jobsites.
- Maintains regular contact with the Construction Manager to ensure project tasks are being completed timely and in accordance with client/company standards.
- Submits daily reports of progress made on the project/jobsite to the Construction Manager & Director of Operations.
- Operates a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Ensures quality control meets company and client expectations.
- Perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
REQUIRED JOB-RELATED SPECIFICATIONS:
- Must accurately track all hours worked within an automated time tracking system.
- Must maintain professional work attire and utilize the appropriate safety gear, as required.
- Occasional use of an onsite company vehicle may be required.
- Must maintain reliable and consistent attendance and be punctual for all scheduled shifts.
- Ability to remain flexible as specific assignments change.
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities.
- Must provide the necessary tools to perform a variety of assigned tasks.
- Fluency with conversational Spanish is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated judgment and decision-making ability.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to follow instructions from supervisors and/or more tenured co-workers.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- High School degree or equivalent is preferred.
- At least three (3) years metal framing experience is required.
- Previous commercial and/or multifamily construction industry experience preferred.
- Valid Drivers License is strongly preferred.
PHYSICAL & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee may be required to walk, climb stairs and climb ladders regularly. Additionally, in this role you will have to use hands and arms to reach, handle and feel, as well as to hear and speak in the course of performing the duties of this position.
- Judgment, decision-making, follow-up, social awareness, reading/writing, organizational, timeliness, stress tolerance, and strong communication skills.