World Class Property Company is seeking to hire a Commercial Roofing Technician to join our growing property management and services group in Austin. World Class is the leading commercial real estate owner in Texas.
The Commercial Roofing Technician will perform the work necessary to install and service commercial and industrial roofs across our portfolio.
A technical background in construction is required. Expertise in roofing installation and servicing preferred.
All employees must have a valid drivers’ license, good driving record, reliable transportation and current auto insurance.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Erect staging and ladders to gain access to roofs.
- Apply roofing materials.
- Operate motorized machines such as scratchers, cutters, conveyors, etc.
- Skilled in use of various hand tools used in roofing and sheet metal trade. Examples are hammers, utility knives, measuring tools, tape measure, chalk lines, etc. shears, tongs, snips, and other similar items. Also develop skill in the use of hand-held power tools such as drill motors, screw guns, circular saws, etc.
- Capable of lifting and carrying heavy loads (see “requirements”), such as roof insulation, roof decking, rolls of roofing material, and gravel.
- Other duties associated with roofing trade such as snow removal
- Assists with other types of maintenance when necessary
- Be able to concentrate on intricate detail with moderate interruption
- Come to work with phone charged, uniform cleaned, and badge on at all times
- Must be a self-starter
- Responsible for prioritizing assigned daily tasks
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Proven 2+ years of field service experience in any type of construction
- Previous roofing experience preferred
- Professional demeanor in all customer and company encounters
- Results oriented with attention to organization, detail and accuracy
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more and ability to move around equipment and client site as needed
- Work with hand-tools and able to climb ladders, working at heights
- Proficient using power tools and hand tools
- Ability to pass a substance abuse screening
- Must be eligible to work in the US and provide appropriate documents
- Steel-toed boots required