We are looking for a highly motivated, results-driven Development Analyst to join our Development team in Austin. You will become a member of an engaged, high-performing team— part of the world-class, winning culture that is leading the next generation of commercial real estate.
When you join World Class, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you'll be a part of the future of commercial real estate.
At World Class Property Company, our Development team manages the development process from the inception of the transaction through the construction and delivery of each project. Development team members specialize in land use, design and construction management and employ these skills across a wide range of asset types.
As a Development Analyst, you will assist Senior Development Staff with the day-to-day management duties from acquisition through pre-development, pre-construction, construction, closeout and pre-operation phases of the project(s) assigned. You will work in our Austin office.
As a member of this team, the successful candidate's responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Perform financial analysis of various real estate investment opportunities
- Working with the Development and Investment Deal Team(s) to provide due diligence information and feasibility analysis of potential acquisitions
- Assist in negotiating and drafting contract terms and scope with consultants and contractors
- Assist in management and oversight of consultants, contractors and financing sources
- Assist in developing and maintaining project timelines, ensuring milestones are met on time and within budget
- Provide reports related to project status to Investments Team and other stakeholders
- Prepare and track development budget related to assigned projects
- Assist Senior Development Staff in securing the appropriate approvals, certifications, permits, etc. from city and other government agencies as required
- Responsible for completing and executing project contracts in accordance with department requirements.
- Manage project documents including discretionary and non-discretionary approvals, agency releases/declarations/determinations, easements, covenants, tract maps, construction documents, A/E design and engineering plans and specifications, contract/change orders, closeout documentation
- Responsible for sharing and uploading documents and communication on GC's web based project management site
- Tracking and reporting project status to investors, lenders, joint ventures, quasi-public partnerships and the like
- Assist with monthly construction progress reporting including but not limited to schedules, applications for payment, etc.
- Assist in the development of sales and marketing campaigns
- Oversight of design team and consultants, contractors, subcontractors and vendors
- Bachelor's degree and equivalent work experience in a field related to building design and construction. Advanced Degree preferred
- Experience in reading and understanding construction-related documents
Technical Skill Requirements
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Sharepoint or other document control software.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Project Management software