World Class Opportunity
We are looking for a highly motivated, results-driven Associate to join our Investments team in Austin. You will be a key member of an engaged, high-performing team—part of the world-class, winning culture that is leading the next generation of commercial real estate.
When you join World Class, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you’ll be a part of the future of commercial real estate.
As an Associate with World Class Property Company, you will assist World Class leadership with the underwriting, financing and asset management of high-quality real estate development and acquisition projects across a variety of markets and asset classes in our Austin office.
As a member of this team, the successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Perform financial analysis of various real estate investment opportunities
- Assume project management responsibility throughout the real estate development process
- Support the implementation of asset management strategies for owned properties
- Project management of large mixed-use projects
- Working with the Investment Deal Team(s) to provide due diligence information and feasibility analysis of potential acquisitions
- Assist in negotiating and drafting contract terms and scope with consultants and contractors
- Assist in management and oversight of consultants, contractors and deal partners
- Assist in developing and maintaining project timelines, ensuring milestones are met on time and within budget
- Provide reports related to project status to Investments Team and other stakeholders
- Prepare and track development budget related to assigned projects
- Assist Senior Development Staff in securing the appropriate approvals, certifications, permits, etc. from city and other government agencies as required
- Responsible for completing and executing project contracts in accordance with department requirements.
- Manage project documents including discretionary and non-discretionary approvals, agency releases/declarations/determinations, easements, covenants, tract maps, construction documents, A/E design and engineering plans and specifications, contract/change orders, closeout documentation
- Responsible for sharing and uploading documents and communication on GC’s web based project management site
- Tracking and reporting project status to Executive Management team, lenders, joint ventures, quasi-public partnerships and others
- Assist with monthly construction progress reporting including but not limited to schedules, applications for payment, etc.
- Assist in the development of sales and marketing campaigns
TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE, THE QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- MBA or related master's degree from an accredited institution preferred but not required
- Two or more years related experience in real estate or in a financial analysis role
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Argus knowledge preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong experience working in dynamic, team-based work environments
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks within a tight time schedule
- Ability to analyze real estate from a strategic point of view
- Experience in reading construction-related documents