World Class Property Company is currently seeking a high-energy, results-driven BUILDING ENGINEER with a strong background in commercial properties. The Building Engineer will be responsible for common area and building repairs in the scope of plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, and appliances. Further oversight of building curb appeal through building exterior inspections and grounds maintenance is required. Customer service and attention to detail are critical skills to ensure the satisfaction of the community's residents.
SCHEDULE: MUST BE ABLE TO WORK WEEKENDS AND BE ON CALL FOR EMERGENCIES.
- Diagnose and repair problems in such areas as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, major appliances, carpentry, emergency systems, flooring, hardware accessories, masonry, painting/wallpaper, fitness equipment, and waste management systems.
- Assist with organizing and prioritizing service requests and general maintenance tasks. Complete assigned service requests and repairs consistent with company operating and equipment/supply standards and in a timely manner.
- Ensure vacant spaces are rent-ready in a timely manner. Manage make-ready schedule and perform turnkey work as required. Manage vendor work appropriately.
- Assist in the preparation of staff work and preventive maintenance schedules, daily rounds, as well as maintaining an inventory of supplies and tools sufficient for providing the appropriate level of service.
- Conduct Preventative Maintenance (PM).
- Collect and remove trash and debris including from building areas.
- Inspect building's grounds and buildings on a daily basis to identify maintenance needs.
- Maintain company customer service standards. Respond to tenant requests and work with tenants to minimize/resolve problems and complaints. Follow through to ensure issue is resolved.
- Maintain an injury-free safety culture by following all policies and procedures and reporting any unsafe behavior or conditions including non-functioning equipment.
- Apply all applicable company policies and procedures such as, but not limited to company operating and safety standards. Train and promote safe work practices among on-site staff.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
- Incentive bonus program
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, and 401(K)
- Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs
- Ability to read and write English as demonstrated by clear and concise written and verbal communications, the ability to read service requests, to read and understand policies and procedures including but not limited to Key Control Policy and all Maintenance Emergency policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate with team members, tenants, and vendors in order to provide customer service.
- Ability to identify cleaning and chemical supplies, ability to read and understand Hazard Communication Safety Data Sheets (SDS), ability to understand proper applications of chemicals and general cleaning supplies, ability to frequently handle and properly dispose of these products.
- Knowledge of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, appliances, carpentry, emergency systems, flooring, hardware accessories, fitness equipment, waste management systems.
- Complete understanding of emergency systems, shutoffs, locations and sequence of operations.
- Ability to perform basic math skills such as measurement, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to do basic calculations and analysis such as estimating, determining averages and percentages, and totals.
- Ability to frequently handle and use chemicals and general cleaning supplies.
- Ability to understand basic knowledge of boilers, chillers, cooling towers, electrical, flooring, plumbing, sprinklers and steam systems.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Building maintenance environment, indoor/outdoor, consisting of exposure to moving mechanical parts and seasonal temperature changes ranging from freezing to extreme heat.
- May be exposed to high places, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and loud noises.
- Vision requirements include both close range and long-distance vision.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders and crawl into confined spaces.
- Must be able to endure walking, squatting, bending, balancing, climbing, kneeling, crawling and prolonged standing.
- Must be able to use hands to grip power and hand tools.