The primary function for the COMMERCIAL SERVICE PLUMBER is to manage repairs. They will manage the installation of plumbing systems for various projects and will be responsible for training lower level apprentices.
- The ability to plan, execute and manage multiple construction projects in a manner that will accomplish all project objectives while controlling costs and maximizing gross profit margins.
- The ability to quickly understand project requirements and develop effective plans for executing the project based on customer supplied project scope, specifications, and architectural construction drawings.
- Thorough working knowledge of the technologies involved in Plumbing Service and Construction and the relevant building codes and regulatory requirements for Plumbing Construction Contracting.
- The ability to read and understand industry/trade information and to stay current on industry trends. This includes maintaining a high level of knowledge of the products and services offered by both this company and its competitors.
- Required: Journeyman Plumber License in the state of Texas.
- Preferred: Master Plumber Certification and/or Backflow Certification.
- A seasoned plumber with a minimum of five, (5), years prior experience in service and/or construction within the plumbing trade.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Basic understanding of the tools, equipment, and materials common to the plumbing trade
- Current apprentice card with the Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners
- Valid Texas driver's license
- Effective verbal, listening, and communication skills
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to: lifting equipment, bending, digging, standing, climbing, frequent kneeling and significant fine motor dexterity. Must be able to safely use manual tools and power equipment common in the plumbing trade.
- Honest and trustworthy
- Respectful and courteous attitude
- Strong work ethic