GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
The Internship Program Specialist coordinates and manages the full scope of the internship program, including recruitment, orientation and offboarding of interns. Additionally, the Specialist develops, implements and maintains other HR programs related to onboarding and retention of full-time, regular employees.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Manages and executes Dole Fresh Vegetables’ internship program.
- Works with HR and business management in order to implement, manage and maintain the full-time, regular employee onboarding program, including subsequent check-ins at regular intervals.
- Serves as the main point of contact for intern program related questions and serves as a liaison between HR and all interns throughout the program.
- Participates in proposing and documenting budget for interns annually.
- Works with hiring managers and leadership to create and finalize intern job descriptions.
- Works closely with hiring managers to maximize effectiveness of intern recruiting process and have regular follow up communication with hiring managers and candidates to ensure timeliness of recruitment process.
- Coordinates and execute intern orientation, including ensuring completion of all paperwork, distribution of documents required by state and federal laws, hosting intern orientation, inputting intern information in HRIS and schedule follow up tasks with desk side support.
- Coordinates internship activities including, but not limited to, leadership sessions, supply chain tours and intern social activities.
- Works with executive leadership, interns and hiring managers to schedule all final internship presentations.
- Develops and tracks intern check-ins, program evaluations and intern performance reviews.
- Tracks and reports key metrics designed to measure program effectiveness and return on investment (ROI) of internship program annually.
- Schedules and conducts intern exit interviews and completes offboarding requirements.
- Serve as main contact for university recruitment activities, which includes attending university career fairs and posting positions on university job boards.
- Adheres to all federal, state and local regulations governing the employment process; keeps applicant files in good order for applicant tracking purposes.
- Other related HR and recruitment duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS)
- 2+ years of HR experience. One year of recruitment experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills.
- Clear understanding of the end-to-end recruitment and employee lifecycle processes.
- Proficient computer skills including the Microsoft Office and in-depth knowledge of data mining and internet research.
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resources policies, practices and programs with the ability to communicate them to candidates and hiring managers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to determine the importance and priority of tasks.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage time and workload while maintaining work products in an orderly manner.
- High level of skill in handling sensitive and confidential situations/information with the demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
- Managers, supervisors, all employees outside of HR department
- Candidates, universities.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- BA/BS degree Highly preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift (including overhead) and/or up to 15 lbs.
WORK HOUR REQUIREMENT
- Ability to work beyond regular business hours, weekends, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.