HOURS ARE 4PM-12PM, SATURDAY & SUNDAY
This position serves the residents by providing information and services. Requires a self-motivated, outgoing, detail oriented, customer service and customer-focused individual. Welcomes all residents, guests and vendors professionally and warmly. Controls access to the building through engaging with all persons entering the building, and checking-in those guests and vendors who need to. Has excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills that allow them to work independently, and without direct supervision. These include; multi-tasking, e-mailing, telephone etiquette, taking and communicating important messages, learning resident, guest and vendor names and using them consistently. Identifying and organizing resources to provide the high level of personal service that is expected by our residents, their families and other guests.
- Identifies and clarifies residents' needs and desires. Answers questions, gives directions, instructions and develops inventories of services provided.
- Always takes the resident, guest or vendor to their destination in the building when time permits instead of pointing or just giving directions.
- Manages and screens messages.
- Assists residents in establishing accounts and schedules access for authorized vendors to provide services within units.
- Anticipates services required by ascertaining the mood and style of residents, identifying options, and developing itineraries for them.
- Seeks way to improve the services that we already provide, or by possibly adding additional services, by listening to resident comments, observing their usage, and making recommendations to management.
- Accurately maintains daily logs, records, forms and reports associated with the position.
- Maintains resident and guest privacy, and the organization's reputation, by always keeping information confidential.
- Able to understand and react quickly and effectively to any emergency.
- Consistently monitors and controls all electronic security control systems and react quickly when there is an issue to be resolved.
- Continually updates job knowledge and experience by participating in educational opportunities when offered in-house or by corporate programs.
- Enhances department and organizational reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Enters all pertinent information as quickly as possible concerning residents, their contact information, family members, pets, vehicles, insurance, into BuildingLink. Responsible for making any changes to this information on a timely basis.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment for all residents, guests and staff. Follows established safety guidelines and immediately reports all hazardous conditions or equipment safety issues to General Manager and Chief Engineer.
- Responds to resident concerns and complaints in a professional and caring manner. Follows up and tries to resolve all such concerns and complaints. Elevates issues to General Manager if necessary/appropriate.
- Manages resident relations to ensure a consistently high level of service, including timely and complete resolution of resident concerns and issues, and coordinating special services and requests.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities consistent with the position as assigned by the General Manager, Assistant General Manager, or Lead Concierge.
- Communicates effectively and demonstrates good customer service skills to residents, guests, vendors and other staff members.
- Supports a positive and professional environment in the building while interacting with the businesses and the people in our neighborhood.
- Demonstrates flexibility in the work schedule by working mornings, nights, overnights, weekends, holidays and additional shifts when necessary.
- Attends scheduled in-service training when required and is reliable and dependable according to attendance and punctuality standards.
OPERATING SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- High School Diploma or equivalency preferred. Completion of college-level courses with concentration in Business or Hospitality is strongly desired.
- Five (5) or more years' experience in the Hospitality Industry.
- Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Effective written and verbal communicator. Multiple language fluency is desirable.
- Able to operate a personal computer and be proficient in working knowledge of MS Office Programs (Office, Word, Excel) and e-mail.
- Able to operate standard office equipment, including fax machine, copier, telephone, etc.
- Able to be flexible and adapt to changing environment, make decisions in stressful situations and prioritize and reprioritize tasks and projects.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Physical demands include ability to lift 30-50lbs.
- Standing, sitting and walking.
- Ability to work at a personal computer, as well as talking on the phone, for extended periods of time.
- Ability to quickly and easily navigate the building as required to meet job functions.
- Ability to detect auditory and/or visual emergency alarms and respond quickly and appropriately.
- Ability to work extended/flexible hours, weekends, and holidays if required by coverage necessary for the building,
- Ability to respond to emergencies in a timely manner.
- Communicate, receive and exchange ideas and information by means of both spoken and written word.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.