DOWNTOWN AUSTIN MIDRISE CONDOMINIUM LOOKING FOR A FULLTIME MAINTENANCE TECH.
To maintain the entire building facility, including physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, H.V.A.C. systems, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs. Ensure the upkeep of common areas to maintain an attractive building.
- General knowledge of and capability to repair construction trade types (carpentry, plumbing, painting, electrical, lighting, generator, rooftop units, elevators, compactor, mechanical, pool maintenance, security camera systems, and access systems, etc.)
- Must be comfortable with hand and power tools, painting including drywall repair, minor plumbing, and some electrical work.
- Ability to carry and move fifty (50) pounds or more throughout the property, including up and down stairways and capable of walking, ladder climbing, kneeling, reaching, bending and lifting. Recommend possible projects for future capital budgets. Obtain bids, supervise, and coordinate contractors in the performance of project work.
- Maintain own and building's special permits and licenses as required by local authorities
- Maintains and updates the MSDS sheets to ensure the safety of employees
- Must live 20 miles to Austin downtown or closer
Excellent knowledge of electrical systems, components, and devices, HVAC systems, boilers, mechanical systems, and the maintenance and repair of all. Excellent knowledge of public construction and building systems; all related permits, licensing, new and existing codes pertaining to public building and fire safety. Considerable knowledge of OSHA standards and application for working with chemicals.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple, simultaneous, and complex tasks and projects.
- Information research, analysis, and evaluation skills.
- Experience in hospitality recommended.