Wylander, a recruiting company specializing in the disaster restoration industry, is recruiting a Business Development Representative for FIRST PRIORITY DKI, a full-service disaster restoration company. They are seeking a candidate to build relationships with property managers, insurance carriers, and insurance brokers to continue the growth of the company. The Business Development Representative is responsible for achieving sales goals and executing sales plans. They will need to generate and secure new sales revenue by prospecting and adding customers.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Base pay: $75,000 - $80,000 DOE
- Generous commission plan
- Company vehicle, fuel card, I-PASS
- Cell phone
- Paid Holidays
- Employee is eligible for benefits after 60 days of employment
- Travel throughout the greater Chicagoland area to call on regular and prospective customers to maintain & develop new business.
- Attend industry functions, association meetings, seminars, & trade shows.
- Create marketing tools & promotional items.
- Design an action plan to successfully create new business and build client relationships.
- Compile & present weekly activity reports and plans.
- Responsible for updating customer management database.
- Prepare expense reports and adhere to marketing budget.
- Maintain a professional, ethical, and positive image as a primary representative of the company.
- 3+ years experience in a sales, business development, or an outside sales role preferably within the construction industry.
- Experience building relationships within the commercial property management field, insurance carriers or brokers.
- Industry knowledge and contacts are plus
- Proven, successful sales track record.
- Must be a self-starter and able to take initiative, prioritize, multi-task, and adapt to changing needs.
- Strong organizational & time management skills.
- Proven ability to create new business and develop client relationships.
- Team-oriented, outgoing, driven attitude.
- Industry knowledge and contacts are a plus.
- Excellent computer skills, including internet knowledge and working proficiency in database applications.
- Valid driver’s license and background check.