Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
Sibelco North America is currently seeking a dynamic Sales Manager for our Polymers team. As a Sales Manager you will take full commercial responsibility for polymers sales of Sibelco Group products to support a customer focused approach for profitable growth. The Sales Manager will identify new sales opportunities and develop new products / applications in cooperation with the Technical Sales Manager and understand the markets and the key players active in the Region and build the necessary market intelligence to retain and extend the customer portfolio. The Sales Manager’s focus is key account management and local support to other key accounts as well as local commercial support of the S&OP processes.
Position polymers product portfolio to the USA market.
- Represent Polymers portfolio in the market, build reputation and commercial network to achieve this
- Take initiative for promotional activities: exhibiting at fairs, brochures, dedicated commercial efforts (together with Marcom/Technical Sales) and follow up sales versus budgets
- Reporting of customer activities, progress, concerns which might impact Sibelco’s sales/relationships with those customers
- Support sales in all the Industries included in the Polymers application
- Use sales tools available to enhance customer satisfaction (CRM system, customer visits, participation in industry related networks etc.)
- Support Technical Sales in mapping application products
- Develop and implement the value proposition concept
Management of Customers and Key Accounts assigned in the region.
- Regular visit to customers in the area of responsibility
- Visit potential customers to develop new sales
- Writing accurate visit report for all visits and telephone calls
- Keep customer data updated in CRM and other databases
- Key account management for key accounts assigned and major accounts
- Quarterly reporting for key accounts and main major accounts
Formulate and then implement sales strategies including price, product and distribution channels to develop new and existing markets in cooperation with the Technical Sales manager.
- Develop thorough understanding of the assigned market (follow up fairs / exhibitions as a visitor) Market understanding includes customer needs, competitors, trends, impact of local legislation etc.
- Develop and achieve budgeted sales targets
- Commercial work for customers and prospects: contacts, visits, samples, offers, sales
- Achieve financial targets from commercial perspective (Receivables, payment terms)
- Handling complaints: manage customer relationship, reduce claims
- Distribution channels: Liaise with supply chain to identify best channel for respective markets, develop and maintain best distribution channel
- Together with Technical Sales, initiate and assure commercial follow up of development projects with customers and prospects
- Follow guidelines on pricing implementation and strategy
- Identify new opportunities and involve the technical sales manager for new developments
- Visit customers and potential customers, analyze new opportunities to get the highest value out of it
- Follow up distribution channels in order not to lose track/knowledge of the markets
- Share successes throughout Sibelco
Set prices and payment terms in line with Sibelco’s pricing and payment structures for the region.
- Apply pricing policy as implemented for the department, suggest modifications where needed and negotiate price increases as targeted in budget
- Follow management guidelines on pricing and negotiate with management, if required prices settings are out of line prior to committing to customer
- Coordinate with Credit Managers to investigate customer’s financial situation in order to offer/set the right payment terms in line with credit risk policies
Mapping competition and identifying their strengths and weaknesses.
- Provide info about competitions
- Collect samples to analyze new products from competition
- Report new applications/products/information which would make competition stronger in the market
Build network at all relevant Customer levels as well as in business related local and national organizations.
- Participate in relevant business organizations and be part of local activities and make the Sibelco products known
- Build multiple contacts at customers and collect info at different levels
- Organize visits/presentations in order to establish customer dedication
Provide operations and supply chain with on time information to schedule the activities for the short/medium/long term period.
- Be active and initiate internal development meetings with operations to make sure mass balance and other critical local issues are considered in business growth projects (Sales and Production meetings)
- Sales experience in an international, multifunctional environment
- Sales experience in the polymers or coating markets
- Practical understanding of industrial mineral industry with specific and detailed knowledge in Polymers
- Understanding of financial principles & business acumen
- Broad breadth of knowledge of Polymers processes and end markets
- Customer orientated, innovative and problem solving
- Project, time and change management and negotiation and organizational skills
- Multi-lingual (English required, Spanish, Portuguese)
- Computer literate
- Recognizing and reacting to issues that impact on customers and/or the Company
- Ability to communicate and develop relationships at all levels
- Open minded
- Team player (group thinking)
- Good presentation skills
- Prepared to travel
- Able to work independently
- Good reporting skills
- Ability to work with peers to successfully manage the business and deliver the Company objectives
- Healthcare Benefits – medical, vision, dental
- 401K with company matching and fixed annual contributions
- Vacation + Paid Holidays
- Education Assistance
- Disability, Life / AD&D, and Long Term Care Insurances
- Employee Assistance Program
Sibelco recognizes the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status.
The organization offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer